• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to dragdown Fair for Jablocks?

Shacknu

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3156 6368- 119
I’m struggling the dragdown Fair technique. Anyone got tips on how to pull this off? I’m using Z to short hop and C-stick to Fair.

Also anyone got any additional crucial techniques I should practice? I’m only aware of Nair (weak) -> Upsmash for % based kill confirms.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
fast-fall on the second hit. if you push down too early, it won't work.

They can tech it too, although that can be punished as well if you read correctly. Tech in place just Usmash or Dsmash in place or use another d-tilt (low percent range, 30% or lower) or U-tilt (mid-percent range, between 30% - 70%). If they tech away you can follow their movement and punish with grounded side-B which has a consistent angle to set up a U-air kill at 70% ~ 90% character dependent, or you can alternatively just follow their movement with Usmash or Dsmash.

IMO the best application for drag-down f-air is following d-tilt at low percents.

A true combo (0% - 15%) is d-tilt -> short-hop drag-down f-air. If they don't tech: jab -> U-tilt (hit with the front hitbox) -> U-smash will combo for major damage. If you are afraid to stale U-smash, then you can instead do B-air or U-air.

Last edited:

Cam61

Smash Rookie
Nair<Up smash is the only kill confirm other than that just use aerials
While nair is the easiest confirm into up-smash it isn't the only one. If you do a full hop dair and auto-cancel it you can follow with up-smash but di and what side you're at when you hit determines where you need to run. And double jab into up-smash while I'm not sure is 100% a kill confirm I know you can do it because I've pulled it off a few times.

BossBabyInSmash

Smash Rookie
I mean you can also do jab locks, but nair<usmash is the only reliable one other than aerials and a stray smash attack

Top Bottom