• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with young link as bowser?

RoboEmperor

Smash Rookie
He throws boomerang, he throws bomb, he shoots arrows, and if you jump approach he hits you in the air. If you shield dash approach you got a boomerang returning behind you + a bouncing bomb in front of you until he grabs you and then throws you away to just repeat the whole thing all over again.

This is a brain dead opponent doing the above on repeat. So what's the way through this projectile spam?

Every tournament footage i've seen had Bowser utterly and totally stomp young link and simon/richter to the point the other player switches to some other character so I know Bowser can beat young link's projectile spam, but the pros don't do projectile spam so I can't figure out how to beat it.

I'm in elite smash so I know bowser very well. I do have trouble doing some of the more advanced moves but my core bowser is incredibly solid.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Tournament footage is not as helpful for online play since local matches will feature strategies that aren't possible or much more difficult to pull off due to wifi input lag. With local, things like the start up for pulling out a bomb is a significant period of time, and Links are forced to jump and fade away with the bomb pull if they want to stay safe in neutral (at the cost of stage control). While the bomb is out, they need to do something with it or risk losing access to many of Link's normals for mix-ups and counter pressure. This can lead to an over reliance on boomerang, which has wind up time and can be punished by Bowser from mid range on reaction with a dash in unless they fade away in the air with it. On top of that, a lot of top Bowsers are used to catching bombs as they are thrown at them. This is not as easy to do online with input lag.

Online will demand that you understand when to dash, fade out, fade in, and walk. Walking will always give you access to shield, which you can use to hold your ground. If the Link dares to fade away while using a projectile or pulling a bomb, you must advance and hold your ground.

Fluidity1895

Smash Rookie
Playing more aerial oriented might help, it's usually how I play against zoners. Also, try to tomahawk with side b. And remember that if you go to a tournament, Young Link will be played differently.

Top Bottom