• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with young link and other spammers?

KenanTheFab

Smash Rookie
So far my strat has been to simply farm Arsene Juice (trademark pending) from projectiles, use down tilt to get in and slide under projectiles or use f-tilt to kill projectiles while also creating a small shield in front of me.

The strat can only go so far though, before they catch onto the down special strat and go for grabs, or simply fire another since they expect me to drop it right after anyway, d-tilt is a rare option and has way too much end lag to be anything but a sitting duck, and f-tilt, while it does a good job, also has the same problems as d-special.

Any tips?

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
So far my strat has been to simply farm Arsene Juice (trademark pending) from projectiles, use down tilt to get in and slide under projectiles or use f-tilt to kill projectiles while also creating a small shield in front of me.

The strat can only go so far though, before they catch onto the down special strat and go for grabs, or simply fire another since they expect me to drop it right after anyway, d-tilt is a rare option and has way too much end lag to be anything but a sitting duck, and f-tilt, while it does a good job, also has the same problems as d-special.

Any tips?
The strat is in fact to charge arsene. As long as you're reacting to the projectiles and not just predicting them (can be hard to do for some projectiles) there is no mixup, either they get close, or you eat and get arsene. Once you have arsene avoiding you is harder due to your reflector negating a big part of their strategy and enhanced hitboxes to catch them if they try to run away. If they approach you in sojo form you can reverse camp, if they approach you in arsene form you hella have the upper hand.

Top Bottom