• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Fox?

Ignitus

Smash Rookie
I've been having a lot of trouble fighting fox with Simon. He reflects all of my projectiles and it's hard to space him with whip since he's so fast. If anyone has any tips or game play of playing the match up correctly, I'll appreciate it much.

TheHero

Smash Cadet
You should focus more on your whip attacks. You likely use the projectiles too much. An easy mixup as you are learning to change your playstyle would be to replace some of your projectiles with shorthop angled fairs/bairs. The aerials can hit him out of his reflector, hit him if he tries to run in, and hit him if he tries to jump.

Adamonado

Smash Cadet
Here it says that you are a Lucina main. My best recommendation is to stick with her for the matchup, honestly. Other than that I can't really help, I know next to nothing about Belmont tactics, sorry about that.

Ignitus

Smash Rookie
You should focus more on your whip attacks. You likely use the projectiles too much. An easy mixup as you are learning to change your playstyle would be to replace some of your projectiles with shorthop angled fairs/bairs. The aerials can hit him out of his reflector, hit him if he tries to run in, and hit him if he tries to jump.
Thanks. I'll stick to that

Ignitus

Smash Rookie
Here it says that you are a Lucina main. My best recommendation is to stick with her for the matchup, honestly. Other than that I can't really help, I know next to nothing about Belmont tactics, sorry about that.
Yeah, I'll use Lucina for the match up. I use Simon a lot since he's one of my favorites but will keep in mind to switch more

Top Bottom