• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Deal With Campy Foxes?

Madcatz McGee

Smash Rookie
Hey there everyone!
I've been running into a problem in the Fox MU lately. I've been doing pretty solid against the more aggressive Fox players in my region, but I've been struggling to deal with very campy Foxes. Specifically, several have started to platform camp me/Lazer camp me, forcing me to approach. I am generally a very defensive Peach player, so I don't know how to play against campy playstyles. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

DaNormZ

Smash Rookie
I know how you feel sadly, Basically what I've learn this past year of smash is that Fox on higher levels typically camp with Lasers and strike at the right time. Fox typically camps with laser so Peach intakes more damage, You don't really need to worry about Lasers. Yes Lasers can add damage but if you don't focus on lasers so much you can move much more fluent. Also if you get closer to Fox you can strike with a dash attack as soon as they jump. This only works if your close though and if they stop short hopping. So Fox other then Lasers focus on how the peach messes up. Since Peach is slow AF at higher levels you cant just through out a move and expect it to work especially since Peach is SLOWWWW. You have to focus when when Fox gets to close and when they mess up. The Peaches goal is to wall the Fox out and edge guard so try to keep control of the stage and stay towards the middle and use bairs to wall out. Also once you get a good D smash focus on punish by tech chasing. Also keep in mind Fox is very fast and you need to make Peach look fast as well.

DaNormZ

Smash Rookie
Also if they are campy they cant just use lasers forever so you can expect a approach. If they dont approach get closer and they might mess up on throwing a move right after. If you didnt do anything you can usually get a Down Smash or a good punish. If the fox seems to hit you all the time whatch the double jump pattern as well since alot of foxes bait peaches with double jump so dont expect a straight away punish.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Turnip mix-ups and approaches. Float in with a turnip, throw it straight up, float away, float back, anything to take them out of laser mode from mid-distance and force the approach back to them.

Top Bottom