• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with aggression, shield pressure, and getting juggled?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Some problems that I have had with ROB. How do you guys deal with them?

What are some viable options out of shield that can be used to deal with shield pressure? Grab seems like the only thing you can do, all of ROBs aerial's have a fairly slow start up, and Fair/Grab OoS only covers in front of ROB.

As well, I've been having problems dealing with getting juggled while airborne. Since youre fairly fat with slow start up aerials, I don't really know how to get myself back on the ground safely. Similarly, what are some moves to use to break out of combos?

I'm a peach main in melee, so perhaps i am just used to having an OP nair that gets me out of sticky situations, haha.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
try to have a gyro in hand
glide toss OoS is pretty good
when getting juggled I just try to wait for a good time to boost out, but you have to be patient so that you don't try to boost right before you get hit and waste a boost

megaexplosion

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly new to PM and I gravitated to R.O.B as my main for whatever reason as well.

Well anyway, what Drinking said is what I tend to do when being juggled. I mostly play with my friend who mains Lucario and he has these insane ground combos that seem to never stop bashing my shield. It really is all timing. I've noticed the gyro is a good way to gain some distance and gain some composure after boosting away from an onslaught of attacks. But since you boost up, I could see where the aerial attack startup time begins to be a problem. I have to recommend f-airs to get you back on the ground because the hitbox stays out a while and seems to have priority over quite a bit of moves. Occasionally, if I feel edgy or lucky, a really well timed n-air or d-air could stop them from touching you since the hitbox seems to extend a bit past your body. Just gotta get that timing right since n-airs hitbox has that strange rotation which can screw you if mis-timed.

However, because of lack of experience, I'm not sure how this would fair against a Marth or Link with those swords of theirs. I'm sure n-air would put some work in as well as a gyro. :o

P.S. Love the Marshall Lee.

Last edited:

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
I know this is a thread about getting out of shield pressure, but shouldn't ROB try to not even be put into that type of situation?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That's correct, with bad rolls and a bad shield, it's smarter to CC more into dsmash, even tho shieldgrab has better pay off it's less reliable against good pressure and goods spacing.

Top Bottom