• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with a Wario Secondary who spams nothing but bite and motorcycle

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
My classmate who is a sonic main now plays Wario and he spams the same two attacks over and over again lol he throws out the bike and just bites lol doesnt smash appropriately and just throws them out randomly. His air dodges are easy to predict but i keep getting rekt by the bike and chomp. What can be done to beat the motorcycle or punish him enough to where he will stop throwing them out so much?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
You can always go back to the information in the other threads that users have answered you in.

For Wario specifically, throw out a hitbox where his head is at. That works best if you have a disjoint that does not have a hurtbox. Alternatively, you can shield the bike and then punish or if he jumps from it punish the landing, as he can not summon another bike until he touches the ground.

As for Bite, just simply attack him from above, below, or behind him. If you can record another match or a replay that can help so we can see if you have improved.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Motorcycle can be shielded, and I think as Wario turns his motorcycle around, the active hitbox that would otherwise hit you, is gone for a moment. So if you shield > up smash, that might work against him. I did this with my Samus when I was fighting a Wario once. Don't expect that to always work, though, because I don't know if the motorcycle's hitbox is still lingering when it turns around. I was just near the edge of the stage when I decided to try that option, and it killed him. You can also do a full/short hop > down/neutral air against Wario as he drives his bike, assuming he doesn't jump off of it first before you use that option. Some Wario's I've faced would use bike > Chomp, because they knew I'd shield their motorcycle, and Chomp ignores shields, will still get you if you dodge (not airdodge), or try to counter it with a neutral attack. There are cases where a neutral attack versus Chomp will result in sort of a grab release animation for both characters.

Chomp can be easily dealt with if your friend is being predictable with it. So if he's the type to use the bike and then follow up with a Chomp, then airdoge or space the Chomp, and punish him by attacking his backside, or from above him. Just be sure you don't attack above your opponent if he blocks a lot, because then he'll counter it with a grab or attack.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
you can hit him off of the bike with any good powerful move that isn't a projectile, it just requires a fair bit of timing, as for bite, outrange him or hit him from behind.

Top Bottom