• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to crash the game

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Using certain controller ports and stage combinations, the game will crash if two Jigglypuffs break their shield and get star KO'd at the same frame. For some reason this never crashes in 3 and 4 player games.

Stages and ports confirmed:

Dream Land: P2 vs P4 and P3 vs P4 crash. All other port combinations do not crash.
Kongo Jungle and Hyrule Castle: P2 vs P3 crashes. All other port combinations do not crash on both stages.
Saffron City: P1 vs P3 doesn't crash. Haven't really tested other port combinations yet.

It was tested with the VC version, but it's also confirmed by another user here that the N64 version crashes with these things as well.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Didn't crash on PJ64k, do have to both lose at the same time or just die.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
You know what a star KO is right?

Last I heard, an user tested this on N64 hardware and the game crashes there too
I just asked what is a star KO.

I tested this when the game ends, and when you have extra lives. On pj64k.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Smasher, are you trying to say you were confused because he said star KO'd instead of star KO? LOL
He also linked to a post were Zantetsu was having the same results on console. Please read.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
cuddlytoys pls, you RQ on me for the last time idc what u or any of ur alts has to say anymore lol

Top Bottom