• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Counter Lucina with Bayonetta?

JosephWhyy

Smash Rookie
I've been maining Bayonetta for a while now, and I'd say I do fairly well, but I always have a hard time with Lucina and/or other sword characters. Any tips?

bottomtext

Smash Rookie
I have a friend that mains cloud and marth so I've actually gotten a lot of experience in these matchups. Sword characters have a natural advantage in neutral because of their ability to outrange any of the cast that doesn't have a reliable way to make you approach with projectiles. Because of this witch time is your best friend, because your opponent has to respect it and let you play your game. Make them scared of the witch time, then bait and punish things they do to avoid it like grabs, empty hops etc. Every sword matchup has its pros and cons for each character, but that's the basic gist of it. Be patient, then punish there defensive and movement options

Top Bottom