• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Counter Bayonetta's Dash Attack?

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
So my school has a Smash Club and one player is using Bayonetta, he doesn't have good fundamentals and doesn't know what he is doing so he always spams Dash Attack. I don't know how to punish it effectively so I need some help from all you Bayonetta people to help me understand how to counter her with some of my best characters. They are Falco, Kirby, Lucina, Roy and Bowser Jr., I also have an okay Duck Hunt, Lucas, Pit, and Yoshi. I only need to know how to counter Dash Attack, but it is appreciated if you could tell me more in the case that the person gets better, or someone else in the club that is actually good decides to pick her up.

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
In the case of her dash attack, you just have to be patient

Sit in shield and either jump out of it or you could shield grab.

Falco's reflector could be used for spacing it out.

With Kirby, it is a good idea to stay low to the ground against Bayonetta in my opinion. Use up-b out of shield if they won't really punish you for it.

Lucina's spaced forward airs would work like a charm and just bait the player out into dumb stuff. Bait->Punish->Bait->Punish

I don't know a whole ton about BowserJr but from what I can tell, spacing out with his down-b mech koopas is a great way to beat new players. Also, his back air is nice at spacing I guess.

I know you may hate it (cause I do too) but playing the slow game is key against Bayonetta. You cant get tilted cause that does nothing but cause you to make stupid mistakes. Slowly work down on Bayo and chip away until you can secure the kill. Good luck!

maybe.

Smash Cadet
Hold shield in neutral ALOT. A bad bayonetta player will just run into your shield with dash attack and heel slide over and over again. You basically want to get her to approach and powershield her option and then use a punish of your choice. I think shield grabbing with falco is a good option because it leads to down throw to fair (that's basically all I know about falco combos lol). But ya, in general try to force an approach, shield it and then punish.

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
Hold shield in neutral ALOT. A bad bayonetta player will just run into your shield with dash attack and heel slide over and over again. You basically want to get her to approach and powershield her option and then use a punish of your choice. I think shield grabbing with falco is a good option because it leads to down throw to fair (that's basically all I know about falco combos lol). But ya, in general try to force an approach, shield it and then punish.
Yeah, thats what I was trying to say. Just stay patient and play like a little b**** (lol gotta keep esports bs)

Top Bottom