• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to connect third (down) hit of dancing blade at 60-90℅?

Tanneman

Smash Rookie
I was playing around in training mode and noticed that when you a hit a grounded spacie at around 60 to 90℅ it sets up perfectly for a tippered f-smash and I'm now trying to incorporate it in my games as a surprising way of getting an early kill/set-up for an edgeguard. But I'm having a lot of trouble connecting the hit at those percents as it's easy to DI out and it's easy to see coming when you don't hit the first two blades. Can any of you more experienced people help me with this? How can I get that hit in?

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
You won't get it if they just tech away. But, in order to really get anything off of this, you have to read your opponent.
EDIT: I misunderstood the question. They should bounce up after the third hit if you do it fast enough, and you should get a fsmash, however I think there is a chance they can DI away.

Last edited:

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
You could skip some steps and tech chase fsmash instead of doing dancing blade.

Tanneman

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I should have specified that I would mostly use it in neutral. And the wonderful thing (I haven't tested this thoroughly yet but I'm pretty sure) that the meteor smash of the third hit only doesn't result in a tipper if they DI in and even then you can non-tipper f-smash them. That's why I see so much potential in this combo but I can't seem to lanf the third hit as the opponent always seems to escape after the second hit at those percents. I know it's possible since Ken does it all the time so I must do something wrong. I alway neglected side-B so I was kinda wondering if there was some trick on how to get to the third hit.

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I really don't think you should try that in neutral unless you're playing people way worse than you or if you want to feel like you're better than your opponent. It's too slow and loses to pretty much everything.

Last edited:

thf24

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't pursue this. There are several far more reliable ways for setting up a tipper at 60-90% than dancing blade. The only time you should ever go past the first hit is occasionally for a mixup (ie you use the first hit to stuff Falcon's nair and Falcon expects a follow up grab). Don't take Ken's heavy usage of multiple side b hits to mean that it's good; it's just a weird ingrained habit of his that was questionable even back in the day, and downright bad in the modern meta.

Top Bottom