• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to buffer Buster Wolf and Power Geyser.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed quite a few people having a hard time with these inputs mid combo, and I figured I'd post the easy way here for people trying to nail the kill confirms. The easiest way is to use tilt sticking for D/F tilt > Buster Wolf and U tilt into Power Geyser.

In the case of Powe Geyser you can start inputting the command before the up tilt. Pressing down on the control stick while tilt sticking upward will still result in an up tilt, after inputting the up tilt just finish the remaining parts of the input and press A to cancel into Power Geyser. There's not much to help when it comes to manual tilting but you can negative edge (press and hold the A button for the tilt, input the command, then release the button. Releasing the button counts as pressing it for this input) command just like Ryu or Ken if you prefer to do tilts with the A button.

For Buster Wolf it's a similar concept. Overall the input for this one is less fluid than Power Geyser and this trick really comes in handy. Pressing down on the control stick while tilt sticking to the side will give you a forward tilt. First do ↓↘ then tilt stick forward followed quickly by →, then just do ↓↘→ before or when the kick lands, and as the kick lands press A and Buster Wolf will come out. This trick makes buster wolf almost as easy to connect as a true Burning Knuckle. EDIT: This turns d tilt into a true confirm for BW.

EDIT again: Found this video that Locus made explaining it in more detail. He goes over the rest of the moves too.

Good luck pounding people to the blast zone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom