• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~(**How to Bone-Walk**)~Discovered by $Bone$

goodkid

Smash Lord
Ok thanks to $Bone$, Peach can now Turnip Pull 1/3 across FD w/out B-Sticking!!!!!

Here is how it goes:

1) Set your C-stick to special so you can practice

2)"What you have to do is dash forward with peach, her dash trot which can be done by tapping forward and let go of your stick quickly to get it to go back to neutral position. its very simple..then at the end of her dash animation you hit down on the b-stick and then hold forward while shes pulling it out" ($Bone$)

3)"Towards the end of her dash animation you hit down -b then forward kind of like a hadouken motion" (Bone)

4) Now try it with C-Stick to "smash"

5) "She can do the exact thing w/ out sacrificing b-stick. Now you can reverse glide toss and glide toss throwing up with ease because you need the c-stick to pull those techniques off." ($Bone$)

Note: The length of your slide depends on the duration and the hand techniques that you use to turnips pull. Practice on FD w/ the turnip-slide and try to see how much momentum you can gain. Try the technique using a fluid method, which seems to work best.

This may be already known to a few peaches, but this will make the technique mainstream & make Peach better, c'mon now lets get it on!

Example Video by $Bone$
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHppOHdDZ2s

Joystick. The basics motion of the Turnip slide on the controller is:

, ↓+B , ↘

*Note: this is on Smash C-stick config

It's basically foxtrot, Down+B, then Hadoken motion [Or if you're more familiar with the term, QCF]

The control and timing is pretty nifty. If Peach foxtrots but doesn't pull out a turnip, you're doing the commands too early. If Peach Foxtrots, and pulls out a turnip but doesn't slide, you're doing it too late.

Alternate Method:

just dash forward, pull a turnip, let ur control snap back to neutral and then press forward. i think the motion and timing are much easier and i was able to pull it off at about 85%-90% straight off the bat

I HIGHLY SUGGEST TRYING THIS IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE QCF MOTION. I almost gave up on the tech because i couldn't get the timing/motion down, but you can be certain this will be a staple of my game by the end of the week. the new timing is really that easy for me
I've figured out the problem though. At the end of the foxtrot you have to pull a turnip, and only pull a turnip. What usually happens when you pull a turnip normally is that you input a crouch and then pull the turnip. Needless to say if you do that this tech won't work.

Inputing only a turnip pull is harder than it sounds though.... as the buffering window for pressing b and then pressing down is very small it seems. There is a spot on the control stick where she will pull a turnip and not crouch.... but that's difficult to hit exactly. Meh, I've had some success pressing down very gingerly, I'll just have to have at it some more. :0
Frame Data:
short foxtrot duration: 21 frames (IASA on frame 22)
free-pull frames: 22-34

So yeah, there is a 12 frame window to do this, which is very generous. If you're b-sticking you should have this down pat with only a little bit of practice. If you're not though.... welllllll it gets a bit more difficult, because:

- you can't press B and then press down to do a turnip pull. You have to either press both at the same time or press B while down is being inputted.
- this free-pull will not work if you begin to crouch before pulling the turnip.

Translation: You have to either input down and B at the exact same time or keep the control stick in the small area where Peach will pull a turnip and not crouch.
Doing the former is pretty bloody difficult, due to the fact that it's not intuitive at all where precisely the control stick reads the movement as "down". The latter option seems to be a bit easier... but still difficult. I was able to get 5 of these in a row just dinking around; with practice it may be possible to do this 100% of the time. I'm not sure if this would be viable during a heated tourney match though.... especially considering that messing up could result in you using toad away from your opponent.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
is this sumtin that's rly easy to pull off consistently once you get the hang of it? i'm having a hard time doing it right w/ the smash stick just coz I lack tech skill at just need to practice i guess but i ask b/c it would suck to accidentally peach bomber and get punished really hard for it.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
there's no point in using a vid. just do it yourself w/ the b-stick real quick since it's rly easy so u can see it. lol.

Villi

Smash Lord
Nice, I'll try this out when I get to play some friendlies. Could I have a step by step since I have no Wii to practice? If I understand, I fox trot, turnip pull~quarter circle forward?

There's no need to turn around? Can I do it out of a dash, or do I really need to fox trot?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
...keep in mind this all from a bstick perspective. xD

There's no need to turn around? Can I do it out of a dash, or do I really need to fox trot?
Nope, no turning involved at all. You have to do the "fox trot" I think. You can dash, then foxtrot, then dash pull. :p

But the trot is necessary.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Here's the bstick version ApplesofDoom discovered a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcY4nag57cQ

It's pretty easy and I do it consistently, but the timing is a little weird.

that's what it is. i figured it out a while ago by myself when i used to b-stick. i actually can beat certain people b-sticking, i really believe it can be very tricky- if you learn how to space with it. i was ****** everyone down here for a while, i didnt really play in tournaments though at that time. i gained a lot of confidence with peach then because i was using that technique exclusively. mixing this technique in with glide pulling backwards just gave me a huge advantage against certain people.

its good for people who rely on exploiting your lag when you pull out a turnip pretty much. some characters wont be able to approach you and you can camp them. thats all theory of course. i notice ddd always tried to throw his little dudes at me when i pull a turnip, which is why i b-stick against most ddd's.

glide pulling without the setting c-stick to special is a very simple and easy technique nonetheless. i do it consistently now, you just have to get the motion down. it's faster to dash-->pullturnip glide---->glide toss---> than it is to, dash-->pullturnip---->glidetoss and it gets you further. once you learn how to do it without the b-stick, it will be much easier for you to reverse a toss or/glide toss upwards. i find it difficult to consistently reverse glide toss or glide toss throwing upwards with the b-stick setting because, you cant use the c-stick to do both those very important techniques. therefore it becomes a hassle to reverse glide toss/glide toss throwing up with the joystick. its not as easy this way.

unfortunately, i can only do this technique gkgoodkid mentioned going forward and not backwards, which is okay with me. it would be nice to be able to glide backwards too but, i just havent been able to get there yet with my fingers.

if anyone really cares about this technique i'll post videos by this up coming weekend// of me using both styles in actual matches. i think its very important to learn this technique if you want to be competitive with her.

Nice, I'll try this out when I get to play some friendlies. Could I have a step by step since I have no Wii to practice? If I understand, I fox trot, turnip pull~quarter circle forward?

you dont need to turn around.

just dash. around the end of her dash animation is when you pull the turnip and hold the direction shes dashing in. it takes time to figure out the motion but, its pretty gnarly once you get it down.

what i did first to understand the timing is by setting special to c-stick. i would just dash then let the joystick back into neutral somewhat and then quickly pull a turnip with the b-stick and jam forward again. im pretty sure you have to input the turnip pull before jamming forward around end of the dash animation. thats all it is. she lunges forwards if you do it right. i think i discovered this when iw as playing friendlies with you at bio but, didnt realize it- now that i think about it. i went home that night and figured out how to do it consistently. lawl. go us.

PFANT

Smash Cadet
do you think other character who pull out projectiles like link and rob could also do this? or does this only work cause peach is pulling the turnip out of the groun/d

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I thought this was already kinda known. I just found out about this recently after watching battletanx commander's vids and we kinda discussed how to in the thread ( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224057 ). Good to get it known by the community tho. I think as a peach you should always keep your opponent guessing what the hell you're doing and this would work well for baiting an attack or spacing.

I've been practicing them and they are not too terribly hard. I usually just initiate a dash then quickly input a down-B and roll the stick a quarter circle forward.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
So, are people going to start implementing this into there play-style? Good for chasing, approaching, and retreating...

@AAP
I thought so as well.

do you think other character who pull out projectiles like link and rob could also do this? or does this only work cause peach is pulling the turnip out of the groun/d
No, probably not. It is the result of Peach's momentum from her dash being carried on to the Turnip pulling.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to mess around with this~ I already do the dash-pull thing religiously, it sounds like all I have to do is slam the stick to keep that momentum (which would accomplish me being able free-pull off ledges) then glide toss.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This seems cool but can't go along with this. I need my c-stick for my spacing. I space like hell and with out my spacing,hard times.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You don't have to change anything Dark...

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Im testing it right now and it's real nice. Right after the dash you have to push DIRECTLY down or else you'll end up doing peach bombers.

The timing to pull the turnip and do the hadoken motion is JUST before the dust cloud disappears.

If nothing happens you're doing it too early. If she pulls but doesnt "slide" you're doing it too late.

lol, after a few tries its real easy to get the timing down. This combined with a glide toss and I traveled 3/4ths of SV. I'm incorporating this asap.

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
ive been testing this out alot and its really nice. sure, its been known by some peaches for awhile, but its new to alot of us.

i have some clips of me doing it, and ill try to make a video soon if people want.

its quite simple after knowing timing.

but its actually really hard to incorporate into playstyle.. unless your running across the whole map. 0.o

itsa also a faster free pull from ledge.

L33T.Peach

Smash Cadet
canvas, its all about timing. it helps to go into practice and slow down the timing. like relearning wavedashing i brawl ^_^

and from what ive used it in a match, it kinda works like wavedashing imo.

instead of pulling a tunrip and waiting for the to come to you, your advancing towards eachother, and you then have another arsenal.

^_^

still ,its hard to incorporate. >.<

Ryukein

Smash Rookie
I was having so much trouble trying to do this, even with the C-Stick set to B moves. Either I'd pull up the turnip like normal, or nothing would happen. Any tips? I just started maining Peach a few days ago >.<

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I had a cool idea a while back I mentioned to Bone, I don't know if anything came out of it.

What if you grab released Metaknight, then used the turnip pull slide to catch up to him and glide toss to usmash or grab or something?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What if you grab released Metaknight, then used the turnip pull slide to catch up to him and glide toss to usmash or grab or something?
That does sound fancy... o_o

Wait, but dash pull, or normal free pull? Either way, it sounds like it would take too long. :ohwell:

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I had a cool idea a while back I mentioned to Bone, I don't know if anything came out of it.

I don't think you can do a turnip pull slide fast enough to catch into a up glide toss (Technically, you shouldn't need to glide toss up since MK's Grab release is shorter than average.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Very nice indeed. This is really easy to do with the B Stick but...I've only managed to do it a few times without the B Stick

What are the instructions for the C Stick version again? Fox Trot, Down + B --> Slam the direction you're facing on the control stick?
Its more like a quarter-circle. Only after u grab a turnip, then u quarter-circle & slide

Xyless

Smash Master
It's relatively easy to time once I figured out the timing (by ear). However, I haven't been able to do it in friendlies yet.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Maybe you could do turnip pull slide to turnip throw and hit? *shrug*
Nah, just tested it. MK has years to react.

We still have the Meno Combo though! Grab Release -> Peach Bomber. :D

Top Bottom