• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~(**How to Bone-Walk**)~Discovered by $Bone$

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Okay i understand that your supposed to push forward after you pull your turnip but, are you supposed to push forward with the joystick or the cstick?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Joystick. The basics motion of the Turnip slide on the controller is:

, ↓+B , ↘

*Note: this is on Smash C-stick config

It's basically foxtrot, Down+B, then Hadoken motion [Or if you're more familiar with the term, QCF]

The control and timing is pretty nefty. If Peach foxtrots but doesn't pull out a turnip, you're doing the commands too early. If Peach Foxtrots, and pulls out a turnip but doesn't slide, you're doing it too late.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Retreat, turnip slide, to a reverse glide toss is excellent. I do this all the time and it is engraved into my turnip camping gameplay.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Edited with a diagram thanks to Canvasofgrey! Seriously put this in your game if you haven't already. The turnip pull gives Peach some breathing room.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach Survey:

How many of you have gotten this down?

Come on, it's easy people. >__>

Cia

das kwl
^ i actually have a solid B-stick peach, but i'm awful at the slide thing.. so i stick to C-stick peach. in fact. my controls in general are ****.

L=jump
Y=Sheild
tapjump=off

Xyless

Smash Master
I got it down so good. I don't risk using it as much in tournament play, but when I have an opening to, I go for it.

I've mind-gamed Bo X7 like crazy with it at my last tournament when him and I Peach dittoed for, like, half an hour. He didn't know how to do it, and his Peach is pretty technical, so he was freaking out and begging me to teach him.

...that's when I realized that it's not the easiest thing to explain with word of mouth.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Do you guys recommend to use this consistently or when you have a safe opening. I prefer to use it consistently throughout the match. For example, my friend's GW usually bairs. When it is going to be obvious, i do this trick and then glide toss towards him. This happens alot during a match.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Can someone make a video doing this in 1/4th speed? Or better yet, a video of your hands when doing this?

I've followed the instructions, but have never pulled it off... =/

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I pulled it off on Judge and YBM several times. I specifically remember pulling a "failed" stitch one time to.

hova

Smash Champion
so i definitely couldn't get it down consistently with the QCF (hadoken) motion and pretty much gave up on the tech. i decided to go back to it today and practice some and could get it easily while going to the right, but not at all while going to the left

i decided to give Bsticking a try and definitely hate all the options that Bsticking take away from me. but at the same time i wondered why i needed to do a QCF(quarter circle forward) motion with the B button and could simply press forward while Bsticking. so i started thinking maybe it had something to do with the control stick being pushed forward from the neutral position

i went back to practicing with the B button, completely abandoning the QCF motion. i decided that i would let the control stick snap back to a neutral position and simply press forward. the **** actually works and i find it much much simpler

just dash forward, pull a turnip, let ur control snap back to neutral and then press forward. i think the motion and timing are much easier and i was able to pull it off at about 85%-90% straight off the bat

I HIGHLY SUGGEST TRYING THIS IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE QCF MOTION. I almost gave up on the tech because i couldn't get the timing/motion down, but you can be certain this will be a staple of my game by the end of the week. the new timing is really that easy for me

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
hova's method is pretty interesting and I'd say it's a much safer way of doing it if you're inconsistant with the original way

However, it's very easy not to get the full extent of the slide because you aren't pushing forward for as long. The again, it could prove to be a nice little mix up since Peach slides ahbout half the normal slide distance when you hit forward later. One moment she's there, the next, she's quickly slid forward a bit

I would say that if you're sturggling to do the original method, hova's method is definitly worth trying out, it's just you won't get maximum slide

Moozle

Smash Champion
Wow, thanks a lot Hova! That method works much better for me, even though I still only get it like 75% of the time (lol I couldn't get it at all earlier). I'm going to practice more so I can get that up :laugh:

hova

Smash Champion
fox-trot, initial dash

just smash forward once on the control stick and then pull the turnip

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
So I tried this out and couldn't even do this once with the b-stick. Frustrated, I just went back to my normal controls and did it on my first try...Although I can't do it consistently now.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Frame data anyone? It would help to know at what exact frames of the trot you can perform the technique.
Oh, sure I'll see if I can't get this today.

The timing window is actually pretty large for this though..... it's when at the end of her foxtrot she kinda leans forward a bit like she's doing a sit-up. (I seriously doubt that helps xD)

Oh wait, actually I could make a gif/jpeg showing when this can be done. Not sure if I can get that done today though.

As for myself, being an "ex-bstick peach" I'm intent on learning how to do this with standard controls :laugh:. As such I've been having quite a bit of trouble with it:urg:.

I've figured out the problem though. At the end of the foxtrot you have to pull a turnip, and only pull a turnip. What usually happens when you pull a turnip normally is that you input a crouch and then pull the turnip. Needless to say if you do that this tech won't work.

Inputing only a turnip pull is harder than it sounds though.... as the buffering window for pressing b and then pressing down is very small it seems. There is a spot on the control stick where she will pull a turnip and not crouch.... but that's difficult to hit exactly. Meh, I've had some success pressing down very gingerly, I'll just have to have at it some more.

(also I apologize if this post is kinda wonky, I'm hella groggy atm)

EDIT:
here.
this is something i made for praxis, its possible and its not that hard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHppOHdDZ2s

:0

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Inputing only a turnip pull is harder than it sounds though.... as the buffering window for pressing b and then pressing down is very small it seems. There is a spot on the control stick where she will pull a turnip and not crouch.... but that's difficult to hit exactly. Meh, I've had some success pressing down very gingerly, I'll just have to have at it some more.

I think that's what my problem is. I'll try to not smash down the control stick when I try now. xD

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
mmmmmmk

short foxtrot duration: 21 frames (IASA on frame 22)
free-pull frames: 22-34

So yeah, there is a 12 frame window to do this, which is very generous. If you're b-sticking you should have this down pat with only a little bit of practice. If you're not though.... welllllll it gets a bit more difficult, because:

- you can't press B and then press down to do a turnip pull. You have to either press both at the same time or press B while down is being inputted.
- this free-pull will not work if you begin to crouch before pulling the turnip.

Translation: You have to either input down and B at the exact same time or keep the control stick in the small area where Peach will pull a turnip and not crouch.
Doing the former is pretty bloody difficult, due to the fact that it's not intuitive at all where precisely the control stick reads the movement as "down". The latter option seems to be a bit easier... but still difficult. I was able to get 5 of these in a row just dinking around; with practice it may be possible to do this 100% of the time. I'm not sure if this would be viable during a heated tourney match though.... especially considering that messing up could result in you using toad away from your opponent.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
12 frames is just fine imo though. it's hard but like, lucas playing use zap jump and that's like a one frame window right?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, for b-stickers this is cake. For people not b-sticking though pulling a turnip without crouching first is pretty hard, as it requires that you either input DOWN and B on the same frame (lucas's zap jump's difficulty on steroids) or hold the control stick in a very specific position when you press B.

Then again I've become proficient at using that "buffered float/fastfall" thing, and I just found out it has a 2-frame window, so this should be possible for non-b-stickers if they practice up lol.

hova

Smash Champion
yo yo yo yo yo!!!

alright, so letting ur control stick snap back is much easier to pull off, but the motion is a little delayed and the slide isn't quite as far

solution: manually reset the control stick to neutral

i honestly think this may be how the whole thing actually works because i was never able to get the tech down with a true QCF motion; it was always sloppy and felt closer to moonwalking in melee than a hadouken

anyway, dash forward > pluck turnip > move joystick to neutral position > press forward

the slide will come out sooner and you should get the full length. if you have been practicing by letting the control snap back to neutral, moving it manually should be an easy enough transition

you don't have to have the joystick perfectly neutral before pressing forward at the end, just make it close

also make sure it's a fluid motion and not jerking

someone try it out and let me know. i haven't been as consistent as letting the joystick snap back on it's own, but i'm still doing much better than before and i feel the extra speed/distance is worth the extra effort

Top Bottom