• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat these certain characters with Captain Falcon?

Mephicus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2016-9670
Switch FC
SW-3382-3093-3147
These are characters I'm having trouble with:

Mario: Keeps grabbing at start and juggling for damage and does alot of punishing. I can't do ****.

Bayonetta: Too fast. Destroys me EASILY with her combolocks.

Marth: Edgeguarders and Side-B spammers. Same problem happens with Lucina.

Ness/Lucas: How to punish one of their F-air locks?

Ryu: Focus Punch spammers.

Any help is appreciated! Some Knee combos that are able to be done on these characters would be helpful aswell.

EDIT 6/14/2017:
Zero Suit Samus: Same problem as Bayonetta-- but less combolock problems.

Corrin: More spam problems.. sigh

Any combolocks in general with Captain Falcon would be appreciated aswell.
(I mastered Dthrow to knee. I don't think that's special.)

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I think this is more suitable for the Captain Falcon boards. Maybe. Character boards can be pretty inactive, though.
You can deal with Marcina the same way any character deals with them: Get in their face, do your best to not let them outbox you, punish their whiffed moves (Marcina tends to have a lot of endlag).

Mephicus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2016-9670
Switch FC
SW-3382-3093-3147
I think this is more suitable for the Captain Falcon boards. Maybe. Character boards can be pretty inactive, though.
You can deal with Marcina the same way any character deals with them: Get in their face, do your best to not let them outbox you, punish their whiffed moves (Marcina tends to have a lot of endlag).
Ah, sorry, I'm new to this forum in starting threads.

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
When Mario does his up tilt juggle don't start mashing jump. Do some DI and wait until he's got a few hits in to jump. I don't play Falcon so this is about all I can offer.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Mario: Just accept that if you get grabbed at low percents you're going to recieve 50%, so that means Mario will force to get a grab at the beginning of your stocks, don't get grabbed and wall him out with Bair.

Bayonetta: she will start her combos with always the same moves : side b, up b and Dtilt. avoid getting hit by those moves

Marth/Lucina: mix up your recovery between grabbing the ledge and using your up B high, don't run into side B. If you're getting hit by side B you're not shielding enough.

Ness/Lucas: once you get hit by the Fair it's usually too late, prevent this from happening by not getting grabbed for example.

Ryu: grab the focus punch. You have an air grab, use it until they stop using focus punch.

The only reliable knee combo is Uair landing to knee, and you can Uair to double jump knee on bad DIs.

Mephicus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2016-9670
Switch FC
SW-3382-3093-3147
Mario: Just accept that if you get grabbed at low percents you're going to recieve 50%, so that means Mario will force to get a grab at the beginning of your stocks, don't get grabbed and wall him out with Bair.

Bayonetta: she will start her combos with always the same moves : side b, up b and Dtilt. avoid getting hit by those moves

Marth/Lucina: mix up your recovery between grabbing the ledge and using your up B high, don't run into side B. If you're getting hit by side B you're not shielding enough.

Ness/Lucas: once you get hit by the Fair it's usually too late, prevent this from happening by not getting grabbed for example.

Ryu: grab the focus punch. You have an air grab, use it until they stop using focus punch.

The only reliable knee combo is Uair landing to knee, and you can Uair to double jump knee on bad DIs.
Thanks, man. I'm gonna save this as a text document.

Safelg123

Smash Cadet
lol yea don't do bad airdodges against mario and try to mixup your di when he combo's you after the dthrow since theres a lot of mario mains that are hungry

Top Bottom