• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat pikatchu with link ?

Bolgar

Smash Rookie
Hi i gonna fight a pikatchu :ultpikachu: and i'm playing link :ultlink: i know it's a difficult matchup and i don't know how to beat him.

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
Pikachu/Pichu mains will throw lots of thunder jolts (was that the name? anyway that thing that bounces on the stage) so a good way to fight them is drop the bomb on the stage to stop/force them to not use it, they can grab the bomb and throw it away too, so you can blow it if they try get close to it. Watch out for aerial attacks as they are multi-hit moves, so shield them until are finished. Link's NAir, UTilt and UpB help too as a get-off-me options. Link's Hylian shield doesn't help much blocking Pikachu's projectiles because they bounce and Link still could get hit. Be careful if you're high up and Pikachu is below you, you know, the Thunder special attack.

Last edited:

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
Pikachu/Pichu mains will throw lots of thunder jolts (was that the name? anyway that thing that bounces on the stage) so a good way to fight them is drop the bomb on the stage to stop/force them to not use it, they can grab the bomb and throw it away too, so you can blow it if they try get close to it. Watch out for aerial attacks as they are multi-hit moves, so shield them until are finished. Link's NAir, UTilt and UpB help too as a get-off-me options. Link's Hylian shield doesn't help much blocking Pikachu's projectiles because they bounce and Link still could get hit. Be careful if you're high up and Pikachu is below you, you know, the Thunder special attack.
F A C T S
Dtilt to fair is a good combo or just regular side B to fair. Also don't try for bairs too much as you can be punished for it.

Top Bottom