• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Pichu ?!

WAR*

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

We're gonna talk about that thing , and obviously about the MU...Wolf Versus Pichu

As you saw, lot of players (new and advanced) are playing with "Pichu" during tournaments (online / offline).

In generality, during a tournament with 32 players , you can see 30% Pichu player's. That why i mean ; this is important to know how to beat this little cute bull**** !

So, according to you :

What's the best stages agains't ?

I think, Yoshi's Story could be the best; because your Dsmash (close to side) arround 40% is a "kill confirm", Ftilt 85% is a "kill confirm"...well lot of others good options for wolf on this stage.

What's your strategy ?

I tried to take my distance , abuse blaster and neutral , and use my Dsmash and Ftilt (and run away from this thing !! but it's really not enough !)

What're others characters that can beat him ?

I'm thinking about heavy characters, also Picmins ! (but i'm sure a good wolf with a good strategy can beat him !)

Thank you a lot; for your experiences feedback !

Ps : Sorry about my english, i'm not native english speaker.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
My strategy as of late is to pick another character, lol. I hate this little mofo with a passion. I have less trouble outranging him with someone like Marth with super broad disjoints.

You don’t want to take him to any stage with a slope, really. If he gets a lead on Lylat or Yoshi’s Island, he can crouch camp on the end of the slope and it will be even harder to hit him, since laser will go over his head. This may be the case with Yoshi’s Story too, but can’t remember the last time I played Pichu on that stage. Also any stage that’s long and primarily flat with no onstage platforms, because that’s where his combos work the best.

I like Marth against Pichu because you can keep him at a distance, and if you’re good at spacing, have a volatile option with his tippers. Fully charged tipper fsmash kills medium weight characters at like 40 at the ledge, Pichu would probably die at like 20. Lucina is probably the more meta pick here but I just prefer Marth.

If I ever got consistent Pichu practice maybe I wouldn’t have to counterpick characters, but I only get to play the occasional friendly with them and then it’s only like 2-3 games.

WAR*

Smash Rookie
Firstable, thank you for your feedback !

Also;

i watched Zackray VS Void (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z254QAXMb78&t=994s)

Zackray a young prodigy wolf ! and obviously Void one of the best Pichu in world.

As i expected, Zackray abused his neutral air + Blaster ! but i realised he used a lot his dash-attack, double jump (with lot of mind-game) then nearly no small jump forward air...

About kill confirm, he used Ftilt (frame perfect 2-3frames i don't remenber) at the side ! and Dsmash (normal :) ) and sometimes UPsmash.

Finally, i was suprised Void didn't use his Thunder ??? i don't know why...because i think is one of the best kill confirm on Pichu !

Did you see other important things about this match ?

I really think we don't need secondary agains't Pichu !

Thank you :)

Top Bottom