• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Peach?

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
I am having a hard time with this MU. Whenever I try to punish her whiffed FC'd aerials, my opponent will jab and I get punished. I don't get this MU...

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
try waiting for what the peach decides to do after the FC aerial and look to punish that.
FC aerials are really fast lol

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
a lot of peaches aren't used to getting hit out of their float, so if this peach plays slow and drifts in with a fc aerial, try and recognize their pattern. To be more specific, see how long they float before they put the aerial out and then start nairing them out of their float when they're halfway through, if that makes sense

Sir_Slice

Smash Cadet
That's the thing with the FC aerial is there's hardly any lag and they can immediately grab or jab. I'd recommend laser camping more unless you're fighting a master. Shine up-smash combos are guaranteed. Bait out D-smashes and dash-attacks. You have better movement and approach options than her so try and get her into a compromising position and force her to approach when she is cornered.

HighlyEducational

Smash Rookie
Against Peaches who dash attack often, simply shield grab and get hits off of throws. Play patient and wait for them to approach. If they don't approach, short hop double laser. If they float close to the ground jump over them, wait for them to land, wait for the dsmash or whatever then punish with dair, shine, upsmash or other such effective combos. If they float slightly higher or above you, same thing, wait for them to whiff and because they can't land right away, upair, nair, or bair their descent. When they're offstage, laser their descent, hog ledge so they hesitate about going to ledge and bair or upsmash their landing. Sometimes grabbing ledge, moving on stage right as they are about to go for ledge then quickly going onto ledge again right as they go for it will trick them into not landing on stage and if you're fast enough, will allow you to hog ledge and take a stock. You'll probably gain more from watching a lot of Mango vs. Armada than anything else other than playing an experienced player in the matchup and discussing the matchup with them.

HighlyEducational

Smash Rookie
fair and nair stay out long enough that there aren't any frames where there isn't an active hitbox between the float and landing
True, but I guess what I said could apply to rare situations where inexperienced peaches would likely try to use an aerial to cover their fall from very high up, rather than just trying to move away to stay safe. I agree, even (slightly) above the stage they would have time to fall and get the float cancel, avoiding the end lag of their aerial which is easily punishable.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Personally I have had a lot of experience in this MU because my brother is a peach main and I am a fox main. If you see him running towards you and he doesn't DJ then just shield and shield grab the dash attack, as HighlyEducational stated above. Fox peach is good for Fox +1 so overall just play it out like you would normally. DO NOT play defensively, just play normally. Wave shines are invaluable in this MU, as Peach's traction kills her against fox. I have seen Peaches wave shined across Dreamland 2-3 times, which tacks on a lot of damage.

leavingmirror

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2036-9604-4326
Peach for some reason has possibly the best cc in the game. At low percentages, peach will often wait for fox to approach in a poor way (approaching nair, tilts, jabs, etc) to get cc dsmash or cc grab. As fox, you're typically holding down either for shine or dair, so when trying to go in on peach you need to make sure your l-cancels are on point or else you'll take 40% in a meat grinder. However if your lcancels are on point and you can get the combo started, peach can bave a hard time coming down if you learn how to limit their options.

ZombyDyno

Smash Rookie
I don't see that anyone mentioned it, but you can shine oos in between her aerial and her landing lag if you're at least close to frame perfect and she messes up her spacing. It's pretty tight but it seems like you can get it consistently enough

ZombyDyno

Smash Rookie
So I wanted to elaborate a little on what I said before, because I learned how to get the shine oos punish a bit more consistently.

I've tested it with only her FC nair, specifically FC nair -> dsmash and fc nair -> jab, and the thing I've discovered is that *if you shield DI in her super low FC nair you can shine oos punish it.* If she goes higher on your shield, then that the timing window for the shine oos window is a lot easier.

I wouldn't say it's a great go to option by any means, but it definitely makes peaches think twice about where they put out their hitbox, and with an authoritative character such as Peach, that can really throw them off. This shine doesn't have to be in to a combo, you can use the shine to get her off of you and then jump after it, you can use the shine to follow in to drill pressure, there's a lot of options available to you thanks to this.

EDIT: It looks like I forgot to put in the fast fall when I tested it. It's not possible at the lower nair to the ground + fast fall if they shield right after, but you acn use this shine oos to force RPS situations which is cool. like try and do the shine, if they shield (the fastest option) then you can grab after the shine, that kinda stuff.

Last edited:

ZombyDyno

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBE8q6AP9Pc
This is Armada VS Leffen at 40 seconds in.
I do think ZombyDyno was correct with his first comment, because Armada is very good at spacing, so it could be a mixup 0_o
Yeah, it looks like Leffen Shield DI'ed in and Armada hit his shield a little too high and couldn't hit the ground soon enough. That waveshine oos was pretty nuts.

Top Bottom