• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Peach as Ike?

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
So my practice partner likes to counterpick my Ike with his Peach, and I can't seem to get consistent with beating Peach. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Commander

Smash Ace
Space her out. Peach lives on trades. You should have no trouble spacing her out and avoiding trades.

LegendOfToastado

Smash Rookie
I typically use the turnips to stop your movement so that's why I counter pick u with her. Good luck practicing bro (:

BushidoBoyd

Smash Rookie
NAir and FAir are your best friends in this matchup. Like they said peach relies heavily on trades and her high priority hitboxes. If you watch Junebug vs LLOD junebug actually switches to his Ike (which is pretty underwhelming tech-wise) in order to counter LLOD's peach. You really just want to space her out, you can hit or catch her turnips and she has to be grounded to even pull one out, you can react with QD grab or whatever if you just stay in range and bait it out. Also if she has a turnip in hand, you're going to want to be a bit careful using QD and if you do, i'd just use it to bait out a turnip throw and just WD back out of QD or something.

SpartBagelz

Smash Rookie
The biggest problem imo is the turnips. In the MU I would refrain from using QD as an approach or at least jump cancel out of it into something like a nair for the neutral. It's similar to the falco match up I think.

Top Bottom