• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Mewtwo?

Krunchee

Smash Rookie
Hello there,
So quick backstory. A few weeks ago, I started playing Ludwig (bowser jr) due to a challenge. Turns out, he ended up being really fun and has practically become my main. I climbed with him quickly to elite smash but I’ve always had trouble fighting one particular character: Mewtwo. Every time I go against him, I feel powerless to do anything. All the strategies I use to push other characters off the map is useless against him due to his floatiness and amazing areal game and his barrage of neutral specials and tilts give me a hard time when trying to approach him, especially on battlefield stages. That is why I ask, do any of you have any advice on how to deal with him as Bowser jr.. Thank you.

Gileril

Smash Cadet
I don't have any experience in the match-up as Jr's in elite are like unicorns, but I can tell you a bit about when Mewtwo does good or bad. Mewtwo runs a bit hot and cold; he does really well when playing from advantage, and has a really bad disadvantaged state. If you can get him in the air, try to keep him there and read his one air dodge, or possibly a teleport. A lot of Mewtwo players when frustrated from being juggled will try to float horizontally and recover to the ledge- occasionally this can be edge guarded or outright punished if they are being lazy about it. Unfortunately, I can't really tell you how neutral plays out in the match-up, and in my head it seems pretty Mewtwo favored.

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
I also don't really know the matchup since I've never met a Bowser Jr. main but one thing I know is when he's off stage try to guard the ledge instead of doing fancy edge guarding stuff. He'll have to stall and his choices for getting back on stage will be more limited.

Top Bottom