• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Ganondorf as Link?

ThatOneGlitchedLink

Smash Rookie
I have a friend who gives me trouble with this matchup. I’m the one playing Link, so advice on how to beat Ganondorf would be appreciated.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
The most important utility you have over Ganondorf is your projectiles. Sure, you can camp him out to make him frustrated and start committing to mistakes, but mainly you want to use those projectiles to create openings, extend strings, and safely edgeguard.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Never attack Ganon from disadvantage; he has huge smashes. Reset neutral, then try to space him with Link's sword up close or projectiles from mid range. Except for smashes and Nair, Link has better reach than Ganon. Don't over commit to laggy attacks. Focus on getting Ganon offstage. He's extremely vulnerable to gimps from bombs and Nair offstage. Uair beats everything he has from below.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Learn zdrop aerial bomb throw pressure for close range choking. Ganon really only has jab out of shield to deal with it and that doesn't even work. However, it's best to zone Ganon and run away most the time because he can't keep up. When he does get close enough, bait him to attack so he whifs and then punish with said zdrop aerial spam. It's worked consistently for me. You might need some training room hours for getting those punishes down tho.

Top Bottom