• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Beat Game and Watch

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
My school is having a Project M tournament soon and I have always had a problem with Game and Watch and I am wondering if there are any strategies that will help my Ivysaur, Olimar, Roy, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Pikachu and Toon Link beat Game and Watch or any characters I should pick up? Also, I am still a newbie, so are there any techniques that I should master? I also put this on the G&W character page before this and I also put it here so more people will see it.

Lattenzo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2621-3172-9784
Switch FC
SW-6477-3999-3958
Toon Link is actually Game and Watch's worst matchup, imo. I don't play a whole lot of PM, so I don't really know the SUPER advanced techniques but, you should definitely use TL against GaW.

Narpas_sword

first thing i recommend is pick a character to main and then work on the matchup.

Dont pick 7 characters as if it a game of RPS and expect a counterpick to do all the work.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
I have already gotten a main, Ivysaur, the Olimar, Roy and Ganondorf are pockets and counterpicks and the Ice Climbers, Pikachu and Toon Link are for fun and situational counterpicks.

Top Bottom