• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat a Pikachu as MK?

TipO'TheMorning

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5047-5155
Hey, guys. I recently did some Online 3DS FG matches, and I came across this one Pikachu who continued to not only body me, but 2 stock me more often than not. What do you recommend against this matchup? He often did the utilt, uair etc. combo, throw to Thunder, Thunder Jolt spam, and that dang side taunt (Pika pika!!!!). When I rolled onto stage or tried to punish, he shorthop naired. I had a lot of trouble landing grabs (or any hits at all) thanks to thunder jolt camping and Pikachu's overall agility. Is it just the fact that online FG matches for 3DS are super laggy that's making me choke, or is there a key to beating Pikachu while playing Meta Knight? The only times I ever took a stock from him are from Up-B or a lucky Fsmash (an attack that eventually became predictable - I need to work on that). Also, keep in mind, I typically fight CPUs, so I'm not used to online lag nor baiting out air dodges, predictability, etc.

WingGT

Smash Rookie
NNID
earthaquiladu79
3DS FC
3480-3722-1850
Hi ,to play Vs Pika you need to be patient
usually what i do against Thunder jolt is walk and perfect shield , until i'm closer to the Pikachu .
Upthrow -> thunder is true if the Pika reads your DI , try mixing it up sometimes
Pika doesn't have much to kill , so surviving is important .
Jab will always beat quick attack from the ledge
Max rage MK kills Pika really early
do not focus on getting the ladder , your main kill option is dash attack -> up b (around 70%)

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
I can't really give you any tips against Pikachu, But i'm willing to play some matches against you if you want.

NoFall

Smash Rookie
Be super patient overall. Pika can't kill easily so you should abuse that. Remember that as MK you can kill him super early, so just wait for the good opportunity.

GDGuitar95

Smash Rookie
Like WingGT said, don't worry about trying to ladder combo Pikachu. I recommend using MKs multi jumps and try to land bairs and dairs. Be patient as well. Use F Smash to control space. Throw out Dash attacks occasionally when Pika is at fairly high percents, to try and KO them with Up B.

Top Bottom