• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to be creative with 3122?

Cyberkirby

Smash Rookie
I love the combination of grenades, firewall, dunk cannon and bombs... But I honestly don't want to feel like a spammy jerk.

I mean, I built my set to be a full-on zoning build to keep control of the field. But is there any way to use the 3122 set while being varied enough to keep from being labeled a spammer?

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
If you learn how to consistently get combos from your projectiles, your opponents may be less likely to call you spammy. The mii gunner true combo and follow up thread has some grenade combos that work for 3122 gunner even though 3122 gunner combos haven't been posted. By getting better at using Gunner's projectiles, your playing style will not feel like spam.

Just focus on playing the best that you possibly can. It doesn't matter what others say. Since you can't control what other people call you, you shouldn't let the opinions of others affect your playing style.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
When playing a character that's projectile/zoning oriented, you really shouldn't be concerned with being labelled a "projectile spammer" since that's what zoners do, they tend to have projectiles as one of their main strengths.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I agree with GS3K, I'm a fan of mixing things up myself, but when the going gets tough you need to stick to what works.

I like doing up air snags into Smash Attack kills but those are usually a rare occurance.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
I have always felt that the Grenade/Bomb Drop Gunner is the most spammy and uninspiring playstyle, because it seems like your entire neutral game is to merely drop explosives, and hope the opponent gets hit by one of them so you can combo. With rapid-fire Missiles, the spam is multiplied. I know there is a creative way to play Gunner, but the bomb-movesets seem too likely to be uncreative and boring. This is why I prefer Charge Shot, which must be part of a read/combo to be effective, and Reflector, which also must be used precisely. Even Flame Pillar is too laggy to use without some creative thought and good aim. So, I don't have any advice, except to really practice your movement/evasion, wavebouncing and b-reversing, and try not to read what people say about your campy playstyle.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I find the best way to stretch your creative muscles as Gunner is to just switch between different sets. They don't even have to be drastically different sets I myself switch between 3311, 3111, 1311, and 1111. They aren't to different but they keep you thinking and is also a good way to experiment with different MUs.

Top Bottom