• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to B-Air as Ken or Ryu

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
All you have to do is go into the run animation one direction, then slam stick the opposite direction, then jump as you are sliding and there you go!

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Can you also do an attack cancelled b-air?

i.e.: At the end of dash or while standing still, return your left stick to neutral position, hit your right stick in the opposite direction, then immediately jump and flick left stick towards opponent.

You have to jump within the first 2 frames otherwise you'll just do an F-tilt or F-smash, depending on whether you use smash or tilt stick. It's a specific rhythm that takes getting used to, once you get used to it though it becomes muscle memory.

The reason I ask is because it works with all characters... but Ryu and Ken facing the opponent always may be an exception. I ask cuz truthfully I haven't spent much time with them. But if it can be done, I think it'll be very important for RyuKen mains since you usually maintain more aerial momentum with attack cancelled aerials.

So does that also do a b-air?

Last edited:

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
Can you also do an attack cancelled b-air?

i.e.: At the end of dash or while standing still, return your left stick to neutral position, hit your right stick in the opposite direction, then immediately jump and flick left stick towards opponent.

You have to jump within the first 3 frames (iirc) otherwise you'll just do an F-tilt or F-smash, depending on whether you use smash or tilt stick. It's a specific rhythm that takes getting used to, once you get used to it though it becomes muscle memory.

The reason I ask is because it works with all characters... but Ryu and Ken facing the opponent always may be an exception. I ask cuz truthfully I haven't spent much time with them. But if it can be done, I think it'll be very important for RyuKen mains since you usually maintain more aerial momentum with attack cancelled aerials.

So does that also do a b-air?
No, you can't do FTilt bair. I think the game considers your FTilt to be a "back tilt" of sorts, so when you cancel the FTilt, you automatically switch back to facing your opponent while in Jumpsquat.

At least that's how it works as Ken, although I'd assume it'd be the same.

Oh, and just to clarify, it's within the first 2 frames for Tilts and Smashes, and within the first frame for Jabs.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
That's too bad :( Thanks for the correction too, I edited my post

Top Bottom