• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to avoid getting gimped by Sheik (backthrow at ~0%)

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
How do you like to spend your jump?
What do you use shinestall for?
Whats the limit of air dodge?
Are there any options that have higher escape rate for you across the board?

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
The limit of airdodge is that if he's ready for it he'll grab you everytime. Airdodge puts you in a special fall state that has more landing lag (10frames instead of the usual 4 iirc).

Shinestall is good to get used to the height where you need to DJ to sweetspot the edge. It's a visual marker that lets you know you're in the right spot. At 0% I'd usually advise to not delay your recovery though. You can act very quick and you don't want to give sheik any time to set up.

A few decent options

First, correct me if I'm wrong anyone, always DI offstage (as you would to avoid every attempt at gimping).

- DJ away > sideB high
At low % she has to guess to catch it I think. Don't upB there, too close : she can slap you EZ.

- fall down > DJ > sideB shorten to ledge

- fall down > DJ > walljump > sideB (either shorten for ledge, or through her)

- fall down > (quick shinestall) > DJ sweetspot ledge

- upB low and close to the stage

Most important thing is mixing them up, if he's confident you're going for the same option everytime he'll destroy your recovery !
Only abuse one option if he's shown he's not ready to catch it.

Top Bottom