• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to add in custom stage icons & set them separately to Specific stages?

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Yea, so I'm trying to finish up the the FINAL version of my custom PM 3.6 build, but I can't figure out how to set my custom made stage icons to specific stages because some of the default ones are set to multiple maps. No video tutorials on stage replacement that I've watched cover this particular topic so that's why I came here. If someone can just please tell me how NOT REPLACE, but ADD IN separate icons & set them separately to the stages of my choosing, I'll be on my way. Thanks.

** Btw, when I say "Stage Icons" I mean Both the silhouettes AND the franchise titles. Just wanted to be clear on that.

Last edited:

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
I think you are able to do this via the Brawl Stage Manager program. I am not sure if you can add separate MenSelmapMark & MenSelchrMark for the "default" stages (such as final destination, battlefield, etc.) however I think you can redirect them. I know you can also have separate logos/icons for all of the STGCUSTOMXX expansion stages. Try playing around with it. Backup your build, and open it with the Brawl Stage Manager.

If you do not already have MenSelmapMarks & MenSelchrMarks for the expansion stages (assuming you are using stage expansion) click on Tools > "Prepare sc_selmap for expansion stages". It then gives you options to add MenSelmapMark / MenSelchrMark for each stage individually, or they can all share one set of icons/logos. You will then need to add your own textures for each stage or to the single directory depending on which options you choose.

Also: on the far right side near the SSS preview/logos, there is a tool labeled "Modify PAT0 mapping (~)". Highlight/select the stage you wish to edit and click the button. You will now have options for editing which SeriesIcon and MenSelmapMark you wish to use with that particular stage.

I hope this helps you! Good luck with your build and God bless!

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
I think you are able to do this via the Brawl Stage Manager program. I am not sure if you can add separate MenSelmapMark & MenSelchrMark for the "default" stages (such as final destination, battlefield, etc.) however I think you can redirect them. I know you can also have separate logos/icons for all of the STGCUSTOMXX expansion stages. Try playing around with it. Backup your build, and open it with the Brawl Stage Manager.

If you do not already have MenSelmapMarks & MenSelchrMarks for the expansion stages (assuming you are using stage expansion) click on Tools > "Prepare sc_selmap for expansion stages". It then gives you options to add MenSelmapMark / MenSelchrMark for each stage individually, or they can all share one set of icons/logos. You will then need to add your own textures for each stage or to the single directory depending on which options you choose.

Also: on the far right side near the SSS preview/logos, there is a tool labeled "Modify PAT0 mapping (~)". Highlight/select the stage you wish to edit and click the button. You will now have options for editing which SeriesIcon and MenSelmapMark you wish to use with that particular stage.

I hope this helps you! Good luck with your build and God bless!

Thanks for showing me this program, it's been Extremely helpful. Could I also use it for modifying stage Edges & Blastzones, because I have a few that I would like to edit. If not, do you know another program I could use for doing so?

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
No problem! Uh, I do not think you can modify stages to that extent with stage manager (to my awareness). You will want to use brawlbox for that. Good luck!

Oh, I had no idea that Brawl Box could be used for editing stages to that extent. I'm still kind of a noob to Brawl Modding since I just randomly jumped into it like 2-3 months ago. Anyways, thanks for all your help man.

Last edited:

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I had no idea that Brawl Box could be used for editing stages to that extent. I'm still kind of a noob to Brawl Modding since I just randomly jumped into it like 2-3 months ago. Anyways, thanks for all your help man.
Hey no problem! I am glad to help! The best way to learn is to start playing around with things, and a lot of trial and error!

Top Bottom