• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How tight is the window to do Down throw, PP Bair jab lock setup?

GDGuitar95

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm having trouble doing the jab lock setup. My main problem is the timing after the down throw. Also I'm wondering how tight is the window to do the setup.

Safelg123

Smash Cadet
tight since you have to instantly pp to ff bair. if your opponent doesn't di like up you can turnaround bair as well

GDGuitar95

Smash Rookie
Thnxs for the input. The jab lock doesn't seem all that great since it's harder to KO with up air chains due to the patch. And you may have to go for a second reset to maximize off the early jab lock setup.

Does anyone here find the early jablock setup to be useful anymore?

Last edited:

Safelg123

Smash Cadet
It's useful for floaties i mean the way how ito use pp bair or turn around bair is absolutely incredible since he's a labrat and knows what he's doing but you have to know when to react their di and it's pretty hard to do it

Safelg123

Smash Cadet
lol buffer a perfect pivot? the timing is very easy once you get it in the first place if they di away its a free pp bair if they di up or no di at all turnaround bair is a good mixup but pp bair if they di away is true

Top Bottom