• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should I get started with competitive smash

d4rkf4wful

Smash Rookie
I recently took interest in competitive smash and I want to know where I should get started

I already chose Zero Suit Samus as my main and I got used to the Wii u pro controller and 3ds but I don't where to start improving my skills

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Go to tournaments, or if you don't have any in your area, find an online training partner.

d4rkf4wful

Smash Rookie
@mario do a need a certain skill level to go a tournament or is just anyone

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Anyone with a controller and enough money to pay venue/entry fee is welcome most of the time.

Phil Time

Smash Cadet
I recently took interest in competitive smash and I want to know where I should get started

I already chose Zero Suit Samus as my main and I got used to the Wii u pro controller and 3ds but I don't where to start improving my skills

I am only a fan of Super Smash Bros., not an expert.

However, I would advise that you never lose your initial optimism about any endeavor that you undertake.

The majority of persons have a powerful initial drive when they start any project.

The problem comes when they "hit any bumps in the road."

In my opinion, this is even worse in modern society because it seems that everyone keeps decreasing their attention span.

Furthermore, fans of video games aren't exactly known for a considerable attention span.

That is one of the reasons that I am such a huge fan of Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.02.

This is a video game that was released in 2001. It's almost old enough to vote!

When you think about it, there are only a few multiplayer video games in history that have had true, real lasting power.

Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.02 has to be in the conversation.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo is another one that comes to mind.

Counter Strike 1.6 is epic and I still have fun with it to this day.

StarCraft: Brood War lasted a long time as well.

I can't think of any other video games that lasted a considerable amount of time.

I would love to say that Capcom vs. SNK 2 lasted a long time but that might be wishful thinking. I absolutely LOVE Capcom vs. SNK 2.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
The majority of persons have a powerful initial drive when they start any project.

The problem comes when they "hit any bumps in the road."

In my opinion, this is even worse in modern society because it seems that everyone keeps decreasing their attention span.

Furthermore, fans of video games aren't exactly known for a considerable attention span.
Agreed. Most people are so impatient and don't want to work toward anything.
I personally have not been to any tournaments yet, but I practice everyday and hope to soon. Good luck with your training!

Top Bottom