• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much does ZSS's weight change matter?

Pocket Freye

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-2697-0732
So after reading the obviously incomplete patch notes it said that ZSS went from 81 > 80 in terms of weight. Does this affect her movement or fall speed, her acceleration, her end lag on moves or grabs? Just wondering if this will slightly affect our muscle memory with this character.

Accog

Smash Rookie
I think it just makes her die slightly earlier that's all

Gecko Moria

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
one thing that probably does matter is this
nerf.png

idk how much that effects it's killing power but it seems significant.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Sheik got her Bouncing Fish knockback decreased by killing 20% later, didn't stop her viability there.

In the grand scheme of things, not at all. Boost Kick can still KO very early, just 5-8% later.

Boost Kick is just another tool in her extereme kit, she still has the best punish game of the whole roster.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
In my opinion, a very needed nerf (boost kick), I look forward to use platforms for my early kills instead of cheesing it out from the ground to sky. She's still possibly the best character and might always remain at least top 5.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
In my opinion, a very needed nerf (boost kick), I look forward to use platforms for my early kills instead of cheesing it out from the ground to sky. She's still possibly the best character and might always remain at least top 5.
How was the nerf needed ? It was a very huge commitment on your part to ever use that move .

-they slipped out and punish you on landing
I got daired by an Ike one time after he slipped out of my uncharged paralyzer -> up b
-you get hit while using it and then have RCO unable to punish them if you had complete stage control (I. E them flying upslightly ).

Just about all of her kill moves except up air and bair are super commitment like down b.

Heck Even grab is such a huge commitment to the point where most characters can roll twice before going to punish you.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
I feel the boost kick was indeed a step in the right direction. I do wish her grab was faster, ah well :D

Top Bottom