• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much do you guys play each day?

TheKayWok

Smash Rookie
I was wondering how much people normally play each day when they're training whether it be for majors, weeklies just for fun. And what are you doing when you are practicing to get better?

eturnalnocturne

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sparkd94
3DS FC
5026-4545-9595
I was wondering how much people normally play each day when they're training whether it be for majors, weeklies just for fun. And what are you doing when you are practicing to get better?
i'll be honest with you i don't practice as much as i find tech was trying to get in touch with My Smash corners or see if i could tell him on his stream about how fox can cancel his shine when reflecting projectiles if he does a spot dodge so basically the inputs of :GCD:+:GCB: instantly after that the inputs :GCD:+:GCRT: and the projectile has to be close enough for you to reflect as you do those inputs other wise fox will just do a regular shine. If done right though fox will reflect with his shine as it reflect end with him spot dodging and being able to do anything out of it instead of waiting for the ending lag to end when fox normally reflects projectiles.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
When I'm alone, it's usually an hour.
It's much worse with other people, though.

eturnalnocturne

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sparkd94
3DS FC
5026-4545-9595
i'll be honest with you i don't practice as much as i find tech was trying to get in touch with My Smash corners or see if i could tell him on his stream about how fox can cancel his shine when reflecting projectiles if he does a spot dodge so basically the inputs of :GCD:+:GCB: instantly after input the buttons of :GCD:+:GCRT: and the projectile has to be close enough for you to reflect as you do those inputs other wise fox will just do a regular shine. If done right though fox will reflect with his shine as it reflect end with him spot dodging and being able to do anything out of it instead of waiting for the ending lag to end when fox normally reflects projectiles.
normally i'm either sitting in training mode or use for glory to train not the best idea in my opinion for training.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
( sorry about the double copy meant to replace the first one ) but normally i'm either sitting in training mode or use for glory to train not the best idea in my opinion for training.
For Glory's arguably the worst in my opinion, mostly because of the lag.

eturnalnocturne

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sparkd94
3DS FC
5026-4545-9595
For Glory's arguably the worst in my opinion, mostly because of the lag.
Yeah that's why i don't really recommend it for training so i prefer finding people on mii verse to train with or play with locals to practice. Lag is insane on glory if you get a match that should only be about 2 mins but last for 8 mins because of the insanity of lag.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Yeah that's why i don't really recommend it for training so i prefer finding people on mii verse to train with or play with locals to practice. Lag is insane on glory if you get a match that should only be about 2 mins but last for 8 mins because of the insanity of lag.
Agreed, although tags on For Glory can be funny at times.

Khao

Smash Lord
Smash is one of the only multiplayer focused game I actually find myself going back to, but I don't really do competitive play, so I don't really have long practice sessions. That means I don't spend as much time with this game as much as most people in this forum probably do.

I can go weeks without playing, but I can also spend an entire day with the game, and even multiple ones in a row. Especially if I have someone to play with. My playtime is not exactly consistent.

I guess I could always check out my play time, but that wouldn't really be all that accurate to how much time I spend in Smash; I play both versions, I also like going back to Melee, Project M and even the N64 Smash pretty often. Don't really play Brawl much, though, cause I feel that it offers nothing that Smash 4 doesn't already do better save from the single player modes.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I used to play a few hours a few times a week. Whenever I do play, it's usually with a bunch of friends for about 4 hours or so. But that's become more and more infrequent.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Lately, on average, I play a couple hours a week. I usually place around 12th at tournaments in my area though, out of 50 people (average). I'm a causal. :p

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Me and my best friend Izayoi Izayoi play for about +9 hours whenever we hang out. We usually just 2v2 FG for the most part though.
This.

But on top of that, when we're not hanging around together I also occasionally play For Glory and For Fun on either my Wii U or 3DS, depending on which one is closest at hand.
I also play 3DS at school during my breaks with friends.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Depends. I try to play one or two hours daily, but if it's a weekend and I have nothing to do (or I'm procastinating) then I might do several 99 stock matches against the CPU trying to train a specific thing.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Probably 1 to 2 hours if I try to fight CPUs or going to Training mode. I usually try to practice my mains or do silly stuff that get rid of my boredom.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I tend not to use the word "play," rather "smash" or "smashing".But anyway, to answer the question, whenever I get bored, trying to increase my win rate in FF whenever possible. Just spent a couple hours today.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
(Well that was exactly what I was talking about when I said that it looks like there are a lot of people who play Touhou here in this forum...)
I'm usually the same, but with the 3DS instead.
Sometimes I accidentally leave my 3DS on overnight because of that.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
About 2 hours online, about 2-3 hours offline.

I don't play Smash everyday though.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
2-3 hours a day. I usually just play online with friends though.

As for weekends, every weekend or two me and the guys of my local scene do meetups where we have some intensive 10 hours straight of playing. (This counts as practice due to the strongest players of my scene all being in one place)

With most of the day going to 1v1 and doubles while the last couple hours or so are usually just some good old free for alls in temple to see who can tech up to 400% (I'm a tech monster >:3 )

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It varies quite a bit so it's really hard to say how much I play it on a daily basis.

I don't exactly play it every day as it depends on how I'm feeling or what I have to do that specific day. Usually if it's just me I'll go on 1V1 For Glory and my play time there usually varies from one to three hours. It honestly depends on the opponents I face and how much luck I have on For Glory that day. There have been times where I've found a very fun, respectable opponent who will stick around and play against for just about two full hours if not more. If I find nothing but lousy opponents though (hence luck) I don't play as long sadly.

Sometimes if I'm really bored and don't feel like playing seriously I'll play some For Fun, sometimes Free for All and sometimes one player Team Mode. At that point I'm trying to play as every single character on the roster whether I'm good with them or not. It's kind of refreshing to play as other characters for a change. Unless someone attempts to disrespect I see no reason to be serious in For Fun.

Then again, sometimes I try to do this in For Glory too although it's rare given to how much disrespect and salt lurks there.

Now when my friend is over (which is pretty frequent-ish) we tend to play a lot of 2V2s which are a combination of For Fun and For Glory. I think we usually play for around three to four hours if not more. It depends on when he arrives and how much "Smash Drive" we have that day, because hey I love Smash as the next guy; however playing it so much sometimes makes me feel a little burnt out...

So in short, I guess between two to three hours at most when I'm alone and three to six hours maybe when my friend is over.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never play. I don't own either version of the game, neither their systems. :cool:

Send me some money.

Terrabyte

Smash Rookie
On average, I play 2 hours a day. Generally I play For Glory, as I try to be a good player, but I'm still working on it. Usually I play it for an hour at a time. It depends on my mood.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
"Yeah , it's only going to be for an hour. Hour tops..."

*sits for at least 4 hours (usually without pause)*

Frequently changes depending on my mood. Sometimes I'm just itching to play more, and when I do it's at least 2-4 hours a session. How many days per week can vary from 0 to 4 days.

Last edited:

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
I usually just play a handful of matches on my 3DS. I'm lazy so I just play lvl 9 CPUs. I play little and often, as opposed to a marathon session. A 3 stock match usually takes about 3-4 minutes.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
On average I play about 2-3 a day.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
Most days I usually have training mode on while I'm watching TV, twitch or doing something else. And that's it. I'll just spend an hour or two practicing movement, ledge trumps, ect. Stuff like that. Sometimes I'll fight level 8 CPUs.

Other days, maybe 2 times a week I'll get serious and play a few hours online. Usually anther's, but sometimes for glory when I'm being lazy.

I try to play in person as much as I can, but that ends up only being 2 times a month or so for practice, and then in addition I go to around 1-2 tourneys a month. So that's maybe 4 days a month I get to play in person. I wish I could practice in person more but with a 9-5 job it's just hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom