• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Master Hand can become Playable

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
My idea of how Master Hand could be playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! The simple sketches down below are meant to demonstrate how these ideas would play out. Sorry if they're a little crude. I usually can draw a lot better but I've been going through a bit of Hand Tremors as of late and I'm kind of drunk right now. Anyway, one player would use a single joycon to control Master Hand's movement and aim the direction of the attacks. He will be slightly behind the stage but just enough where he can still be attacked by other characters. With his unique control scheme; he'd be considered a "9th Player" or be a special mode all to himself.

You can only play as Master Hand if there are at least 2 regular players on screen. There are 3 ways to play as Master Hand.

1. Helper Mode: Summons items by scrolling through a menu but can only summon a certain amount at a time and and some items have a cooldown system like the Smash Ball, Master-Ball, Pokeball and the Assist Trophy. You can also summon temporary platforms like in New Super Mario Bros. WiiU. You can only make a certain amount of these and they only last for a set amount of time, which is determined by how long you've either charged the platform and/or the time in-between summoning 2 different platforms. The amount of time a platform has before disappearing will be displayed on the platform itself. Helper mode can also be the exact opposite and be used to mess with other players.

2. Battle Mode: This version can use all of Master Hands regular attacks (and exclusive ones) and will partake in the fight. You can even win as Master Hand if you're good enough (Victory theme will be an arranged version of the original Super Smash Bros. theme from 1999). This version will have a certain amount of health as Master Hand suffers no knockback and players will have to fight Master Hand like you would in his Boss Fight. The starting amount of health can be adjusted.

3. Hazard Mode: The same as Battle but can't suffer damage. With the drawback that you can't win fights in this mode and can only get in the way of other Players.

Another player can join in and be either a second Master Hand or play as the "Master Hand 9th Player Mode" exclusive Echo Fighter: Crazy Hand.

Crazy Hand cannot be used in Helper Mode and is a lot more vicious and faster than Master Hand is.
MH1.png

MH2.png

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
If this is the final hurrah for smash, master and crazy hand should be the last secret characters. Better yet they shouldn't announce it so that they're a complete surprise when unlocked

Top Bottom