• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many tier lists should there be?

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
After putting in a tiny bit of thought there are different ways to base a tier list on. The 3 I thought of are based on tournament placements, match-up based or in potential. Should we start making more than one and how do you go about creating your own tier list.

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
There are many kinds of different tier lists, potential, results, etc., but there should be only one official tier list.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Tier lists are only good for mid to low tier characters imo. Flow charts that go more into matchup balance would be more complicated, but I think they would help players better understand the characters better.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I really think their should be 2.

1. Results only changed every 6 months (to keep it interesting)

2. Matchup spreads/potential, as in the best characters in the game ranked 1 to 26.

You could also do one that weighs in how good characters are vs the popular matchups (being good vs fox is better than being a kirby counter), but i don't think there needs to be a list for that.

Silen

Smash Cadet
There can never really be a "True" Official tier list. No matter what basis there is, the tiers will always be from some sort of bias. That's why I don't mind how tier list are right now. I know the most recent one was based off of a vote. And other tier lists are just popular players opinions. I think it's good that we don't take tier lists too seriously and just form our own opinions.

Top Bottom