• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality How many Threads can I NECRO while still remaining acceptable?

How many NECROS?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2

• 3-5

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 6+

• Pichu is viable

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Popertop

Smash Champion
Jk just trying to be more active on here

There's really good info to be had, just from looking through threads from within two years ago I learned a lot

Also throwing a line out there seeing who still checks this board

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I check the boards. The problem is pichu doesn't get any better : ( I do think he is under rated but still pretty bad.

Popertop

Smash Champion
his main problem is lack of representation

people don't play him b/c he's perceived as bad, so he doesn't get seen and developed

AC Agility, his various AC and IASA Aerials; Electric Hitstun, somewhat high damage on some attacks; generally really good movement stats, very long roll dodge, Pikachu/Pichu Tech-In-Place (only 2 frames vulnerable instead of 6); having an actual grab;

these all lead me to believe his potential is reasonably high, but he is very hard to play, because you have to have amazing movement, as well as literally godlike DI and Smash DI to even live decently

Still, his low weight can be an advantage in avoiding setups, since you can smash DI like Puff to go really far

TL;DR Realistically, I think he could be top of C tier, as I feel he outclasses those chars in various ways, maybe even eventually seeing B or low A tier, similar to Pikachu

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
1) I agree he is under developed but the thing is, even if he was fully developed he could never do that well in tournament. The time spent developing him could be spent on a higher tier character for better results.

2) The strengths you listed are minuscule compared to his weaknesses.

3) The thing you would really need to succeed as Pichu is a godlike punish game and neutral. Pichu is great at combing the spacies. Well pretty great.

4) Pichu gets combos incredibly hard by nearly every high tier character.

5) I think the best Pichu could ever be pushed would be slightly worse than Donkey Kong but pretty good against fox and falco. Pretty good meaning somewhat respected.

Popertop

Smash Champion
1) I agree, and this is the primary reason I had ignored him until now. I don't care as much about my personal results as I do exerting a force on the meta.

2) I also agree with this, his strengths seem dismissible, and it seems like it doesn't all add up to a complete character.

3) Yep. Extreme punish and neutral. Endgame meta. I was commenting mainly on the defensive game you would have to establish to even play normally, in addition to (punish & neutral) needing to be very close to optimal. So far he has weaknesses to CC, big disjoints, as well as being very light.

4) Yeah combo DI and SDI are essential to living at all. But the cool thing about Pichu is you can voluntarily raise your percent to make certain 'guaranteed' combos to be less likely to work. Ofc this means you are committing to not getting hit after that, which is the actual hard part.

5) Fair point. I personally see his potential being higher, but I don't have any beef with a reasonable opinion like that. If we can get the general public to admit he is C tier material, that's a big step up from F (even if on that app F and C is one tier of difference, the sentiment is significant). If we can get Pichu to be respected, that will be a victory in itself.

Overall very good points that I generally agree with, well said.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
no pichu is garbage. if you want to put effort toward something, i advise you to lab out stuff instead of arguing about futile stuff.

to explain we have tools but everybody else does our gameplan better or invalidates it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom