• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many combos should I learn for Ivysaur?

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
Would it be enough to learn one combo that starts with a fair etc etc for Ivysaur?

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
I definitely think it's important not to overwhelm yourself with too much info at once. So definitely learn at your own pace even if it is one combo at a time. However, eventually you'll want to learn as much as possible to perfect a character and I don't think one combo is enough lol. You want to get the most out of your character and part of that is to not be predictable. That's one of the last things you wanna be in Smash. So yeah, I definitely would want to expand my combo game passed only one combo.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
You should definitely learn his KO confirms with UP-B at least... imo that is what makes Ivysaur so potent, how diverse he is at zoning but also having KO options. It means you do not have to rely on Charizard for KOs (who has far more bad matchups than Ivysaur does).

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
You dont learn one combo. You learn how to put together combos in general on the fly, how to adjust them in accordance with the different demands presented by different situations. Else you will never become a good player. Smash is far more dynamic than traditional fighting games and rote learning, while a necessary part, wont take you far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom