• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters do you Smash with?

How many characters do you Smash with?

• Total voters

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
How many characters do you use to play Super Smash Bros.? I almost always use Mario, but from time to time I'll do a round with the Doc.

MrMustard21

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jarret91
3DS FC
0791-3640-8841
Generally I alternate between four to five characters at best. Those being Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Pac-man, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Lucas.(In no order) Though for fun I usually pick Donkey Kong, Luigi, Ryu.

Transform

Smash Rookie
I mainly use sheik/Cloud, but as of late I've been really enjoying the use of jigglypuff/pikachu.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Nine characters, whom I've titled the Nefarious Nine.
Mario, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Dr. Mario, Roy, Lucario, Falco, Mewtwo, and Lucina. That's in order of importance.

MidwesternHawk

Smash Cadet
NNID
newsimcity2013
5+2
All 3 Marth Clones on Rotation/C.Falcon/Dr. Mario
Rarely Fox and Ryu are used

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
*looks at own signature* ok I play 19 characters for fun, all of whom I can play decently. I don't really know how to respond to the poll at the top though, because I play a lot more than 2 or 3 characters, but much less than the entire roster. Sometimes my friends think that I play like the entire cast because after 15 matches I'm still switching characters after every game and still going strong, but then I remind them just how many characters are in this game! 58! WOW! I feel like I have learned to play a ton and yet I still only play less than one third of them.

However, I really only use King Dedede competetively. I sometimes use Charizard, but that's really only for fun because I know I will probably win anyways. Zard and DDD just have such similar MU spreads that I rarely get to show off the Zard. The only time I have ever switched off DDD in tournament and been proud is when I faced a defensive Mega Man. He just completely shut me down! So I switched to Sheik and did much better (still lost tho). I will probably be switching to Bayonetta if I ever run into another defensive Mega Man in the future ($5.99 boyz!)

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
In actual matches, I'll usually go:4gaw:or:4rob:depending on the matchup and how I'm feeling about them. Sometimes, I might go:4pacman:or:4mewtwo:since they're pretty fun as well.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I play six characters, two mains (:4luigi:, :4cloud:) and four secondaries (:4bowser:, :4robinm:, :4tlink:, :4gaw:(likely going to swap him for :4mewtwo:though.))

I play as all six in any serious matches, but I will play with the whole roster in fun, non serious, games.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Let's see... I have:
2 "main" mains (:4tlink::4sheik:)
4 other mains (:4lucina::4sonic::4corrinf::4luigi:)
And a "trump card" (:4charizard:)(might replace with :4littlemac:)

Everyone else, I play for fun (unless your name is Captain Falcon)

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
In tournament/on ladder, I play Fox in singles and Cloud in doubles.

In friendlies I play Falco, Roy, Doc and Diddy (and my mains of course). I might bring one of them or Cloud out in singles bracket if I'm feeling super unconfident in my Fox for whatever reason (character/player MU, etc.)

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I play Ryu and Shulk when I'm trying to win, and I rotate the cast around when I'm just having fun.

I've also have that pocket megaman thing going.

KidNeedler

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidNeedler
3DS FC
1461-6528-5430
I main Captain Falcon because I love the bait and punish play style and the risk vs. reward factor, not to mention the fact that he has the ability to make the crowd go crazy like no other! I also secondary whoever is last in the tiers just to prove a point.

D

Deleted member

:4mewtwo:is my main, :4cloud:is my co-main.

:4diddy:,:4bowser:, :4myfriends: and :4ness: are my secondaries, but I only use Mewtwo, Diddy and Cloud in bracket most of the time. I **** around with a lot of other characters in friendlies or messing around with friends. :4olimar:, :4zelda: and my former main :4dedede:fall into this category.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4diddy:- Played at least 5 x as much as my other secondaries
:4dk:- Played a lot for a secondary, probably my first pick if I don't use Diddy. Actually, I sometimes start with DK and if I lose I pick Diddy, tag team baby!
:4myfriends:&:4mewtwo:- Easily my most favorite characters not named Kong, in terms of moveset and character in general. Love playing them, far more used than any character below, at least twice as much, if not thrice.
:4ness::4tlink: - Don't use them much as of late, but still love these characters
:4fox:- I use him to fight my friend's other Top Tier characters if I feel I can beat those too easily with Diddy, and don't feel like picking Mewtwo / Ike / DK either

Characters I might pick for once in a blue moon;

:4charizard::4falcon::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4corrinf:*:4cloud:*

* = Newness factor, and Cloud I use to proof how OP he is to my friend, I guess that Corrin could stay cause I find the character humourous.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
What I normally do at my friends houses is play my top 5 mains for 10-15 matches being :4kirby::4bowserjr::4cloud::4rob::4greninja:

Then, after that's over I'll just pick every other character on the roster. I like to alternate between all 58 characters. But use :4kirby: and :4bowserjr: when s**t gets serious.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
If I sense that the person I'm playing with is getting bored/annoyed that I keep only playing DK, then I switch for a bit.

marteen_

Smash Cadet
NNID
martinthelee
I usually only play Yoshi. If I can tell the person I'm playing against is getting frustrated against Yoshi (which is understandable), I switch to 1122 Mii Gunner and Jigglypuff. I could say the Pits too, but I haven't played them in a while.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I play as :4jigglypuff: nearly exclusively, I use other characters every once in a blue moon purely for fun, but even when it's just for funsies, 90% of the time I'm playing as Jigglypuff, honestly, I don't think I will ever use anyone else in this game when money or any sort of prize is on the line. I guess that makes me kind of simplistic and boring, hahaha.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Not enough options

I tend to play Marth,Corrin,Rosaluma,MK,Mario,Doc Mario,Ness,Falco,Fox,Ike,Captain Falcon,Ganon,Shulk (rarely),ZSS,Sheik,

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I mostly use :4lucas:, :4littlemac:, :4alph:, and :4drmario: most of the time, with Lucas being the most used and Doc being the least out of those four.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I almost exclusively use :4gaw:, :4duckhunt:, :4mewtwo:, :4lucario:, :4yoshi:, and :4cloud:.
:162:

Last edited:

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
i play mostly with :4samus: who is my secondary, but if i'm having a hard time against someone, i'll use :4shulk: who is my main.
i also practice with:4gaw:,:4tlink:,:4lucario:, or:4feroy: sometimes

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Easier to list characters I don't use regularly. I play pretty much every character regularly except :4peach::4luigi::4lucina::4jigglypuff::4wario: and :4mii:. And I still will use those guys for fun in friendlies.

I definitely use :4pit::4villager: and :4ganondorf: more than the others though.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
As my signature says, I use Falco, Lucina, and Captian Falcon regularly, but I use the other characters when I want to switch it up. I might pickup Fox more seriously, I been digging him lately.

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
Robin, Lucina, Charizard, DDD, and used to use Sonic, but I sucked way too much, so I only pick him for the lols...

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I only main :4robinm:, but sometimes I like to switch to my past mains like Pit, Mario, Wario, Lucario, etc.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
How many characters do you use to play Super Smash Bros.? I almost always use Mario, but from time to time I'll do a round with the Doc.
I try to limit o using only one character, as using other characters other than my main will throw me off. That limitation does require me bow out after every match online, so people can't "condition" me.

I envy those who normally consult the "Random" feature.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I almost always go :4mewtwo: unless I'm paired with a match up I'm not fond of or in case I feel like I'm starting to go autopilot, in which case I go :4dedede: or :4lucina:

Other times I just go Random for no reason at all, but that's not very often.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time 4 characters i rotate throgh... my main, the secondary I think im best at but still want to improve, then 2 characters that I am trying to get the hang of.

But there are times when friends and I play "Wamendorf Wars" pulling Gannondorf into the mix.

Then the times when I play with my young nephew... and will gradually go down the roster to the character's I can't play well to make it fun for him.

So... most of the time 4... but there are times when the entire roster gets used.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I main both :rosalina: and :4cloud: (a.k.a The Blonde Glide Dashers).

Most of my secondaries are "anime sword fighters", and they are :4link:, :4lucina:, :4robinm: and :4corrin:. I also have :4megaman: in the mix as well, who used to be my second main before Cloud came out. I had to make the painful decision to demote him to secondary but I still remain loyal to him.

And then there are others that I like to play as from time to time whenever I feel like it, which are :4falco:, :4ganondorf:, :4myfriends:, :4littlemac:, :4marth:, :4feroy:, :4shulk: and :4ryu:.

D

Deleted member

The characters I play the most seriously with are :4cloud: and :4luigi: and maybe :4corrin:. Though, most of my time in Smash nowadays is playing :4cloud:.
Other than those three, I love to mess around with characters like :4falcon::4pit::4littlemac:and:4kirby: for example.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I primarily play :4myfriends: as far as "competitive" play goes. (Haven't been to a tourney yet x.x) Aside from that, I tend to play more characters for fun, usually varying around :4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4falcon::4lucina::4corrinf::4miigun: and whatever else I feel like playing.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I pretty much pick one of the four characters I play but :4mario:, my main, gets the most attention. It really depends on the situation though. For some MUs, I'd rather use MK, DK, or Mewtwo. For example: Marth is a bit of a tough MU for Mario so often I switch to one of my secondaries who plays the MU more solidly.

That's pretty much how it goes. I also mess around with other characters now and then.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Currently alternating between the Potential Four you see right in my signature below. Right now, I'm scaling my signature characters to four at the moment. So if I don't feel like working on :4corrinf:, I'm focusing my attention through mastering either :4luigi:, :4pit:, or :4tlink:. I don't really know what to do with those three. I'm feeling confident with my skills in :4link:, but I think I'm starting to get a little rusty with :4lucina:. I should go fix that.

Top Bottom