• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many Characters do you have in Elite?

How Many Characters do you have in Elite?

• Total voters

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I'm curious about this.

How many characters do people have in Elite Smash?

For each of those characters, did you simply get them into elite and then leave them there, or have you played (and won) matches in Elite Smash with each of those characters?

I'll start: Just my main is in Elite. I haven't really played any other characters online to a significant degree. At first I danced in and out often several times while playing, but now I've been able to steadily stay in for a while without getting booted.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Just my main and my former main—Hero and Robin, respectively. I’ve played and won some matches in Elite Smash with them, and of course I’ve lost some too, but not enough to have them kicked out of Elite.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Wolf, Richter, Bowser, Lucas, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner. Used to have Ganondorf in as well, but he fell out at some point when I got him into Elite and quit playing him. If I can ever get over the frustration that ranked causes with the constant instability of preferred rules and connection quality, I may try to get my new secondaries there one day.

I don't really even play any of them seriously any more, with the exception of Wolf. I never took Mii Gunner seriously, just did an experiment with a fairly easy, relatively unknown character on whether you could manipulate GSP to the point of getting very deep into Elite. I did this by getting my GSP low, then rematched every single person I faced until I was well into the elite threshold. I don't think this is possible any more due to some of the changes they made to GSP accumulation. Which is funny, because he's still, by several hundred thousand, my highest GSP fighter. I'm sure if I tried him now I'd be exposed in under a minute, though.

I've both won and lost games with all of them in Elite. Probably lost the most with Wolf because I've played him the most, and he's definitely the one that's fallen in and out of Elite the most because of prior salty losing streaks.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I was in Elite with dorf and Ike when the threshold was around 3.5 mil but since then they've fallen out and are now hovering between 4.5 and 5. Marth which I use the most these days is between 3.2 and 4 depending on the day's win / loss streak. It seems the skill level of players is now pretty open wide. I face decent players with gsp as low as 1.2 and still sometimes get matched with 5.2 players. Being that my preference is still set to teams I seriously doubt if an elite smash run is viable at this point but at the same time I wouldn't want to be in Elite because no one plays teams there.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Wolf, Richter, Bowser, Lucas, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner. Used to have Ganondorf in as well, but he fell out at some point when I got him into Elite and quit playing him. If I can ever get over the frustration that ranked causes with the constant instability of preferred rules and connection quality, I may try to get my new secondaries there one day.

I don't really even play any of them seriously any more, with the exception of Wolf. I never took Mii Gunner seriously, just did an experiment with a fairly easy, relatively unknown character on whether you could manipulate GSP to the point of getting very deep into Elite. I did this by getting my GSP low, then rematched every single person I faced until I was well into the elite threshold. I don't think this is possible any more due to some of the changes they made to GSP accumulation. Which is funny, because he's still, by several hundred thousand, my highest GSP fighter. I'm sure if I tried him now I'd be exposed in under a minute, though.

I've both won and lost games with all of them in Elite. Probably lost the most with Wolf because I've played him the most, and he's definitely the one that's fallen in and out of Elite the most because of prior salty losing streaks.
I hate that...

"Alright this time I'll beat him. One more time."

".... Alright THIS time I'll beat him, one more time...."

"... ok ok I know how to beat him now, just one more time"

*Elite Smash has been cancelled.*

FatFry

Smash Rookie
Just Bowser, but I don't even play online that much. All that really happened was I got a pretty good win streak (10-15 wins in a row) and it got me there from about 2,500,000. I'm sure if I played more online I'd probably drop out though.

Grimel

Smash Cadet
All of them.

Most of them I just got into Elite and never touched them again. I just did it because I thought it was a nice challenge but I have some characters that I have played Elite matches with and are deep into Elite Smash.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Just link & rob, wii fit trainer was the 1st one i got to elite but has since fallen out

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
None, kept losing points to players that spam projectiles. (Or either hard to hit.)

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
TL:DR - No one in Elite yet, but hoping that playing Smash in VR while I chat with friends will allow me to have the time to get good enough to get into Elite Smash.

Long version -
No characters, though :ultmetaknight:Meta Knight is really really close, but I'm trying to get better with other characters for now so I can go back to him and play him better since my Meta Knight always seems to get better after I play someone else for a while because I apply what I've learned on those characters to Meta Knight. Whereas if I stay with Meta Knight, I can auto-pilot with the already awesome stuff he does and is unique to him that I don't learn stuff that can be applied to most characters as much. Another reason why I don't have anyone in Elite is that if I start losing to someone, I will not stop fighting them, so I can have a wonderful winning streak where I'm about to get into elite, and then go all the way down to 100,000gsp or lower just fighting a single person that is way above my skill level. I'm not a person to give up, and I need my face kicked in to realize what bad habbits I've been doing. I tend to get overconfident when I do too well on bad players. This is one of the many reasons why I main :ultlucario:Lucario, and I am considering picking up :ultsheik:Sheik again because those characters require your attention 24/7 to do well with unlike most of the cast. Hoping they'll teach me how to stay in a focused mindset. After all, if you have a bad mindset, it doesn't matter what character you are using, you will do poorly if you aren't focused. Lastly whenever I boot up Smash, friends see me playing, so I will end up playing with them in Arenas. Some of them are competitive and way better than me, but others are super casual (but not casual enough to have spirits or items on)
As for why I haven't gotten into Elite Smash in like 3 matches like some people do: For the majority of the time Ultimate came out I accidentally cut into sleep too much, so I was getting 3-5 hours of sleep on a good day. 1-3 hours of sleep on a bad day. I wanted to get really good at smash, so I tried playing as much as I did as in Wii U. While I still lacked sleep in Wii U, it wasn't as bad as Ultimate since when Ultimate came around, real life demanded more of my time in Ultimate. So I was basically spending hundreds of hours in Ultimate, and nothing was sticking because my brain wasn't awake enough to do the inputs, or to remember how to do them. Which led to autopiloting 95% of the time, whereas only 5% of the time I'd suddenly be awake enough to focus, which fooled me into thinking that I should keep trying because it was working sometimes, even if rarely.
More recently I've learned the importance of good sleep and have been picking up multiple things that I could never do before rather quickly due to sleeping more. Only problem is it's hard to get enough sleep in the first place. If I get all the sleep I need, It's common to go a week or two without playing smash because of chores and work if I'm not extremely efficient with my time. It can be hard to put time into Smash when I'm having a blast with VR.
So lately I've been having the thought of playing Smash while in VRChat and having a stream open so people can chat with me while I play Smash (or any other switch game) while they watch. Kill two birds with one stone as they say. I need to test my internet to see if I can stream, but even if my internet is bad at least people can see what I'm doing here and there for more relaxing games (and a reason to upgrade my internet which I should have done a long time ago). Also there's an unexpected benefit of using index controllers while playing Smash where it makes me more mindful of what buttons I'm pressing because my fingers go into auto-pilot too easily when holding the controller normally, which makes it easier to not autopilot. Not that I'd use them when playing serious matches of course.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I've got my main :ultgreninja: and my four secondaries :ultwolf::ultcloud::ultridley::ultdarkpit: up to elite. I've tried so hard to get my tertiaries :ultjoker::ultmewtwo::ultfox::ultlucina: but I just can't quite get the streak I need to get over the top.

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
Shulk, mr gw, inkling, ness, mii gunner, and lucina

I use shulk the most, mr gw and inkling a bit, haven't touched ness or lucina in months, and mii gunner for maybe a grand total of 5 games. Why do I have characters that are gathering dust still in elite smash?

Tortfeasor

Smash Cadet
My mains :ultridley: and :ultkrool:. I've been working on :ultmegaman: and :ultdk: and have been close a couple times, but then I run into a bad match-up and my GSP plummets. I just always say yes to a rematch (unless lag, cat and/or wife aggro), so I get some pretty big swings in GSP during a session.

I also generally prefer setting up an arena over Quickplay so I can play other stages than just BF and FD. Also, you don't see quite the same shenanigans as Quickplay.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Everyone. Some were pretty much one and done deals, like Lucas and Luigi, but some I really struggled with, like Duck Hunt Duo, Pichu and Pikachu. These are characters I've only returned to if they drop from Elite by themselves. There are like 30 characters I play on the regular and have managed to still keep in Elite, except for a few who've dropped temporarily.

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Nearly Half the Cast. I cant get Zoners or projectile users into Elite Smash because I am only good with Melee fighters

Also my Lucina,Marth,ZSS,Palutena are into deep Elite Smash

AstralSoul64

Smash Rookie
None although I was incredibly close for a while with my former main, Ridley, but my GSP has since been knocked down significantly.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At the moment I have over half the cast in Elite. My goal is the get everyone in there eventually but I'm going in little bursts.

My current goals are Wario and Pichu.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
10 months have past since I posted here, so I hope it's okay I post again.
So because of one of the updates, I have one character in Elite Smash now that more people can be in Elite Smash. I mean I was less than 200k away from Elite Smash before anyways. Thing is, this character was not one of my mains. However I was warmed up because I played a lot of smash at the time, I somehow managed to get plenty of sleep, and the character I was using was pretty simple but flexible. So I now have Dark Pit in Elite Smash. Despite only have played him for one day. I didn't even know any of Dark pit's combos at the time.

Just reminds me that I really need to do the following:
1. Staying healthy to improve reaction time and decision making - First of all, get plenty of sleep since I struggle to get more than 5 hours usually. Secondly eat healthy since all it takes it only one type of junk food to make your body + mind feel like sludge. I didn't have any junk food in my house on the day I played Dark Pit. Lastly exercise to get more energy for the future and to remove any crud that builds up in the body.
2. Stay warmed up - I struggle to play Smash even weekly nowadays. Too many things to do! When I got Dark Pit to high GSP I was playing smash daily.
3. Don't care about GSP - I have a very weak mental game. So whenever I get high around 6 to 7 million GSP I start doing really poorly because I'm so distracted about GSP that I start panicing a lot more. With Dark Pit, I didn't even want to get into Elite Smash with him since he wasn't a main and didn't think he could be my first in Elite Smash. Dark Pit teaching me to be apathetic apparently! The other reason for my GSP going down like crazy is if I run into someone better than me, I try to study why they were beating me. So losing 20+ times to the same person usually nukes my GSP to the ground, but it also takes a huge mental toll because it often leads me to go "I don't understand. Why did that work? What am I doing wrong? What other option could I have done!?" until I start playing horribly and then it just snowballs from there.

There might be other things, but I gotta say just doing those things makes playing smash feel like easy mode since it feels like all your opponents are in slow motion, giving you all the time in the world to choose what you want to do while also being able to experiment.

Crumkid4

Smash Rookie
Like none because I never play online. My best GSP character was Toon Link back in 2018 with 4-5 million something when the game first launched. After that, I just stopped playing because my internet isn't good.

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
Like none because I never play online. My best GSP character was Toon Link back in 2018 with 4-5 million something when the game first launched. After that, I just stopped playing because my internet isn't good.
The netcode is abysmal, anyways. Only so much you can do from your end.

D

Deleted member

Almost half. Every DLC character and every superheavy except Incineroar.

I'd like to get everyone in Elite Smash, but Quickplay is full of demonic trolls and jerkish showoffs, so it's almost impossible.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Bowser, K. Rool, DK, Ganondorf, Banjo, and Dedede. So all superheavies minus the dumb fire starter idiot cat that I hate, and also Banjo's here for some reason.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
That's two people who haven't gotten Incineroar. Is he hard to use? I've beaten plenty but lost to good ones... especially in Elite.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That's two people who haven't gotten Incineroar. Is he hard to use? I've beaten plenty but lost to good ones... especially in Elite.
He ruined the Grinch leak (which included my most wanted) and he's just an unappealing Pokemon design-wise, so I choose not to play him. I also don't find him all that fun.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
No one Smash ultimate online is just pretty bad (why tf cant you Taunt)

Last edited:

EpicNoob

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
4534-6472-5030
I haven't gotten anybody into Elite Smash. I could try get one of my "For Funsies" characters (which would mean either :ultdk:, :ultsonic: or :ultganondorf:) into it though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom