• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many Characters do you have in Elite?

How Many Characters do you have in Elite?

• Total voters

stixie

Smash Apprentice
Two!

My main Zelda and my secondary Hard Mode Marth (don't even ask... lot of blood sweat and tears getting him in).

Working on Lucina (shouldn't be hard) and Link.

Last edited:

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
As of now, I just have KKR in Elite Smash. And after what I went through to get there, I don’t think I have the mental capacity to get someone else there :laugh:

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
I got one of my mains in, Bowser Jr. Working on Falco, Banjo, and Swordfighter, then I might try accomplishing a "full cast".....if I'm crazy enough.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
When the gsp was maxed in the low 3 mil range ppl were getting Elite after 2 matches with some characters...these days it's prolly closer to 10 but so long as you don't lose it's a sure thing.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Tbh if you can get one in then you can get nearly all of them. I personally have everyone but Bayonetta, Pichu, and Ice Climbers. I think there are maybe ten characters that are really difficult to get in and with those I mentioned being 3 of them. These will usually require specific knowledge of the characters themselves and are just difficult to play online.

I've also found that you need a roughly 60% win rate to get into Elite now. If you have any characters hovering in the 50s then you are close.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I've got a handful of mains, but I only have 1, or 2 at most, in Elite at any given time.

Now getting them to stay in elite once I get in... lol. Can't seem to be consistent in doing that unfortunately. I'm on a roll one second, then crash and burning with losses the next.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Eh, I think I got Pyra and Mythra in with like two lucky matches so if you get good starting matches, it doesn't take that much.

2021041919214800-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg
This may make me look better than I actually am. I also tend to get them there and then not use them in Elite. Astericks on Pichu and at least Dark Samus but maybe Daisy and paritally Richter too that I used them in casual play but that still counted for some reason. Most were 1v1 though. Right now the big projects are Pikachu and Min Min.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Been another 10 months and it's a new page. So my progress so far by order of who I got in first:
:ultdarkpit::ultswordfighter::ultsephiroth::ultkrool::ultinklingboy::ultbowser::ultdk::ultridley:
My weaknesses as a player:
1. I'm terrible with inputs. I can't even short hop fast fall with a delayed aerial consistently in match. Some combos are hard or impossible for me to pull off.
2. I get overconfident as heck. It allows opponents to make comebacks quite easily (I play better under pressure though, That's why I love playing Lucario so much since he forces me to play better). If I'm playing a very slow, laggy character and they are one of the fastest characters, I can sometimes get overwhelmed as well. Also when I get near Elite Smash, I get overwhelmed and play worse because it's really the only thing that matters since I don't care to enter a tournament. However overtime that's not effecting me as much because even in Elite Smash people do highly punishable things and makes me not care about Elite Smash.
My strengths as a player:
1. I know most of the cast really well, so I know what to punish and what to avoid.
2. I adapt and read opponents playstyles rather quickly.
Their stories:
:ultdarkpit:Dark Pit - Only played him one day, but he is so basic that I could play him decently. Playing him made me realize I play better when I just don't care at all. Also how important sleep + diet was because everything seemed so much slower and it was easier to make decisions. Because of Dark Pit, I've been playing smash a lot less, but been improving at smash at a much faster pace because I've been letting my mind and body get the rest they need.
:ultswordfighter: Mii Swordsman 1221 - Just goofing around pretending to be Sephiroth when he got announced since I already had a Sephiroth Mii and he wasn't out yet and I was hyped. Got him in pretty fast. I did play quite a bit of Mii Swordsman in Smash 4 since their moveset is so friggin fun. Could've been a main if I could use them in For Glory, since I don't want to annoy friends with the same character 24/7. Ultimate they are much slower and larger so they don't feel as good. Though I may use them more later. After all I never used chakrams, which are incredibly good, and I do like sword + projectile combo since I learned smash off of Link :linkmelee::4link: I don't use Link in Ultimate because he doesn't really exist in Ultimate since he's basically been split into BOTW Link and Young Link and I just can't decide on a Link so I'll just keep rotating.
:ultsephiroth:Sephiroth - I got him in day 1 because I pick up characters quickly, and was kind of exploiting the bad habits of other Sephiroth players. He seems easy for me to play as well despite everyone saying how hard he is. Maybe because he's similar to a mix of characters I like to play a lot so he just felt natural. He plays like a swordy (I play almost all swordies a bunch since most are easy to pick up), but very read based like some heavies (I play Ridley + Ganondorf quite a bit), but is pretty fast (Meta Knight was my main for a while,and I play a bunch of other fastish characters). His projectiles took some time to get used to though. He's likely going to be my main for Ultimate because character wise he looks awesome, has Mewtwo + Lucario's backstories smushed up into one character, and I just love his gameplay so much.
:ultkrool: King K Rool - I literally only played 2 matches with him. I usually only use him for spirit battles since I pretty much just spam attacks in spirit battles since CPUs are random and I just never care. Also I fight a lot of them, so it was easy to pick him up.... Not that it mattered because I had team ruleset on for goofs and proceeded to get into 2 matches with 2 other K Rools and a Pyra/Mythra. I know how to exploit these characters easily, so it was easy to KO them. But my gosh, the amount of Pyra side B spam, and K Rool projectile spam was ridiculous since you can't turn on team attack in quick play. Probably will never touch K Rool again, he just so cheesy and doesn't seem to need fundamentals as much.
:ultinklingboy: Inkling - Surprisingly Inkling wasn't as hard as I thought. They are just so fast, and they can pressure with projectiles so much. Up close theyvague felt like playing Pichu, but much easier. Palutena was his gatekeeper, and Palutena is one of the 3 characters I usually lose to (other two being good Little Macs because I can't react to them, and Zelda because phantom is hard to get around since she counters whatever I do in response to phantom and even if I do get in, she can knock me away easily.) So I felt really good getting into Elite Smash with Inkling. Inkling just has the speed and projectiles to punish Palutena's habits, whereas most other characters get overwhelmed in someway that they can't even properly attack her since she generally beats characters at their own game.
:ultbowser: Bowser - Having a high off of getting characters into Elite Smash, I decided to get Bowser in, since he doesn't require combos, and just needs a few good reads. Got him in easily, but holy crud, the gatekeeper I had to fight was a very high GSP over 9 million samus that was insanely good since they had deadly combos. However I was able to get some decent reads, and they basically SD'd twice when they were at higher % because they got afraid I was going to attack them, but my attacks wouldn't have actually kill them. Because of this, my Bowser has the highest GSP at the moment. Not touching him again competitively though, I like having more options.
:ultdk: Donkey Kong - Played him for the same reason as Bowser and got him in pretty fast. Toon Link was his gatekeeper, which makes taking a bazillion hits, and killing early even more apparent. Probably won't touch him again.
:ultridley: Ridley - A while ago he lost a lot because I wanted to keep landing skewers and doing cheesy things. Earlier this week I decided to pick him back up and got him into Elite Smash from 5million GSP all in one sitting. Peach was his gatekeeper, and she couldn't get in to do any combos due to his range and speed. Started using nair a lot more in the later matches when people started speeding up.

Then I have a lot that are just a few matches away from Elite but I'm too scared to try playing them because I without being warmed up, I feel like I won't be able to play them right. Just gotta get some good friends to warm me up, but when that happens we usually play for hours since that's more fun anyways.
:ultsamus::ultsimon::ultzelda::ultpyra::ultcloud::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultike::ultsonic::ultrob::ultwolf::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus:Samus - Duo mained with Link in Early Smash 4, and those two were unstoppable together since if one lost, the other would counter the opponent's playstyle. Only reason why I don't have them in Elite Smash right now is a combination of not playing them much because they feel so cheesy in this game, and because I get too overconfident. Playing them today and I gotta say back throw into fair + fair (sometimes delayed to catch air dodge) is so insanely strong. If I get in a team game, it's basically won as long as your teammate can defend themselves since it's so easy to wall out opponents or dodge, and provide support from a distance, and fighting 2 rushdown opponents of decent skill that want you dead is the only kind of threat.
:ultsimon: Simon - People respect Simon more than Richter. Funny thing is I only used him one day and my philosophy was "simon only uses whips cause manly, Richter uses items because he is smart". Only to find out that I was doing much much better with Simon since I was using Richter's projectiles like some other zoners, when they are more to give you space or slow the game down so you can use your whip again. Looked up some guides and realized how awesome belmonts can be played and was shocked to realize that everyone just plays them in not only a lame way, but very inefficiently too. I'm actually shocked at how awesome Belmonts are, they are kind of like a reverse Sephiroth because they have similar range and can angle their aerials, but not their f-tilts.
:ultzelda: Zelda - One of the characters I played until I lost. Literally 1 game away from Elite Smash. Picked them because my niece wanted to main them, and I was a little annoyed with Zeldas outranging me and not being able to get in on them ever, and wanted to understand them more. They are just as easy as I thought. It's like you are just controlling your opponent's movements.
:ultpyra: Pyra/Mythra - I mained Marth in my newbie Melee days, so they felt really natural to pick up. Not only that but Pyra feels kinda like Ganondorf with the emphasis on being slow and read based, another character I play a lot of casually. Swapping characters between matches usually puts me at a huge advantage, now imagine that mid-match. They are so stupidly easy as long as I am aware of how they want to edgeguard me. More comfortable with Pyra due to her range and not requiring as many hits for damage, but sometimes Mythra just doesn't let the opponent breathe ever. Mythra causes a lot of rage quits too and I don't even try to make people rage quit.
:ultcloud:Cloud - One of the easiest characters in smash to play, too simple for me to main since he does a lot of the same stuff. Tempted to main him in Smash 4, but Ultimate added a timer which kills him for me because I love the speed boost. Also I prefer Sephiroth.
:ultrobin:Robin - Another simple character. OP in teams, he gets a bit harder when fighting fast opponents that don't have to worry about your projectiles but his swordplay is good enough to keep people at bay.
:ultrosalina:Rosalina - Another character I played until I lost. I may not know any fancy combos, but people really don't know the matchup at all so it's pretty easy to mow people down with her. Strange how most people just outright ignore Luma like it's not even there. Though a couple that did decide to attack Luma, just never attacked it safely so I was able to counter attack and sometimes just take stocks because they wanted my Luma dead.
:ultike:Ike - The character I use when I need a refresher on competitive play since he's one of the most basic characters. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating with him because he's better than his Smash 4 self and it feels like no one knows how to deal with him.
:ultsonic:Sonic - A character I thought about maining, but I only played him one day in quickplay until I lost and is one game away from Elite Smash. I wasn't camping anyone and I was playing rather aggressively. Sonic's combos are great, he's stylish, and I love going fast.
:ultrob: R.O.B. - I just throw out attacks and they just work, AND he's very versatile with what he does, AND he's heavy with a nice recovery? Yeah he's pretty dang easy. My overconfidence is really the only thing holding me back when I play R.O.B., also Shulk. I dunno why, but every other character I can wreck using R.O.B., but apparently Shulk's experience with mechons just destroys my R.O.B.
:ultwolf:Wolf - The second blaster comes out, you drastically increase the salt levels in the opponent even if you never fire it again. Outside of that, he's a very easy character to play and people love playing him as long as the blaster is never seen. Though being greedy for spikes, and Wolf Flashing off because I have muscle memory from side+Bing with Fox to cross up in previous games causes me to SD with Wolf quite a bit.... The power of blaster is so strong though, so tempting to just run and shoot the blaster the whole game so I get into Elite Smash faster so I can swap to another character. I'm not here to make people angry though, I'd rather improve so I don't need such powerful cheese.
:ultganondorf:Ganondorf - He was one of my better characters in Smash 4 because he was so bad in smash 4 that it forced me to play more efficiently. In Ultimate I just feel like I'm cheating with how powerful and huge he is. He maybe bottom tier, but he can still demolish you if you get overconfident. Ganondorf + Jigglypuff matches are insanely fun because of how intense they are as either side can die from a random hit at any moment. So spacing and getting that first hit is more important than a lot of matches.

Characters I've struggled with:
:ultfalcon::ultpichu::ultmarth::ultpit::ultgnw::ultlucario:
:ultfalcon:Captain Falcon - I get overconfident and have a hard time resisting the urge about going for stylish stuff that may not work is a major weakness of mine. What is Captain Falcon all about? Styling on opponents. There are matches when I don't do that and I just demolish the opponent.... However most of the time Captain Falcon's character makes me too overconfident to play him properly. Character aesthetic definitely effects your ability to play a character. This is also why I could never main King Dedede, I just can't take him seriously so I do stupid stuff.
:ultpichu:Pichu - Pikachu feels kind of easy to play. Pichu on the other hand, that lack of range makes things so incredibly difficult. However Pichu is much lighter, and hurts itself. So it often feels like I'm just constantly reading the opponent, beating the crud out of them, but end up losing anyways since he dies from Ganondorf's sneeze.... He's still consistently the most fun character to play in the game though. Sheik is like this as well, but I haven't used Sheik in quickplay yet apparently, and Sheik is a bit easier for me to play because more range and speed even if I don't know Sheil's kill confirms as much.
:ultmarth:Marth - Used to Melee Marth, so whiffs happen often, it's why I almost never played him in Brawl+Smash 4 as well since when you're used to getting tippers 24/7, then you just never get them, it kinda kills your drive to play the character when that's basically his thing. Apparently right now Marth has the worst win rate of all characters in tournament play.
:ultpit:Pit - I NEVER LEARNED HOW To reaaaaadddd!.... If I'm having a bad day, I lose on purpose with Pit by doing whatever dumb shenanigans I want sometimes for fun so I cheer myself up. Pit is not allowed to get into Elite Smash.
:ultgnw:Mr Game & Watch - I only played him near the start of Ultimate. Didn't know how to deal with the short range, and I didn't want to spam Up+B...... Also overconfidence leads me into trying to see if I can get away with spamming 9s on the opponent, often leading to a comeback for them. I literally cannot main this character because I just cannot resist the urge.
:ultlucario:Lucario - Rage+Aura nerf along with everyone KOing much earlier? Yeah that pretty much is a strong hard nerf to the things that made this character scary when I played him in Smash 4. I just wrecked people with him in Smash 4, but this game it's a huge struggle. I have to use b-reverse mixups and get good at some confirms I couldn't do in Smash 4 like b-reversed aura sphere -> back air. I can't really abuse long range or speed like I can with other characters, so it's a struggle to play him. I will keep playing him though, High Aura Lucario is the most intense thing in Smash for both sides and I love it.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
I'm Working On Getting My Main Into Elite, But It's Difficult Due To Me Matching Into Weird Rulesets, People With A Million More GSP Than Me, Or Just Straight Up NOT Playing Steve Correctly.

Been another 10 months and it's a new page. So my progress so far by order of who I got in first:
:ultdarkpit::ultswordfighter::ultsephiroth::ultkrool::ultinklingboy::ultbowser::ultdk::ultridley:
My weaknesses as a player:
1. I'm terrible with inputs. I can't even short hop fast fall with a delayed aerial consistently in match. Some combos are hard or impossible for me to pull off.
2. I get overconfident as heck. It allows opponents to make comebacks quite easily (I play better under pressure though, That's why I love playing Lucario so much since he forces me to play better). If I'm playing a very slow, laggy character and they are one of the fastest characters, I can sometimes get overwhelmed as well. Also when I get near Elite Smash, I get overwhelmed and play worse because it's really the only thing that matters since I don't care to enter a tournament. However overtime that's not effecting me as much because even in Elite Smash people do highly punishable things and makes me not care about Elite Smash.
My strengths as a player:
1. I know most of the cast really well, so I know what to punish and what to avoid.
2. I adapt and read opponents playstyles rather quickly.
Their stories:
:ultdarkpit:Dark Pit - Only played him one day, but he is so basic that I could play him decently. Playing him made me realize I play better when I just don't care at all. Also how important sleep + diet was because everything seemed so much slower and it was easier to make decisions. Because of Dark Pit, I've been playing smash a lot less, but been improving at smash at a much faster pace because I've been letting my mind and body get the rest they need.
:ultswordfighter: Mii Swordsman 1221 - Just goofing around pretending to be Sephiroth when he got announced since I already had a Sephiroth Mii and he wasn't out yet and I was hyped. Got him in pretty fast. I did play quite a bit of Mii Swordsman in Smash 4 since their moveset is so friggin fun. Could've been a main if I could use them in For Glory, since I don't want to annoy friends with the same character 24/7. Ultimate they are much slower and larger so they don't feel as good. Though I may use them more later. After all I never used chakrams, which are incredibly good, and I do like sword + projectile combo since I learned smash off of Link :linkmelee::4link: I don't use Link in Ultimate because he doesn't really exist in Ultimate since he's basically been split into BOTW Link and Young Link and I just can't decide on a Link so I'll just keep rotating.
:ultsephiroth:Sephiroth - I got him in day 1 because I pick up characters quickly, and was kind of exploiting the bad habits of other Sephiroth players. He seems easy for me to play as well despite everyone saying how hard he is. Maybe because he's similar to a mix of characters I like to play a lot so he just felt natural. He plays like a swordy (I play almost all swordies a bunch since most are easy to pick up), but very read based like some heavies (I play Ridley + Ganondorf quite a bit), but is pretty fast (Meta Knight was my main for a while,and I play a bunch of other fastish characters). His projectiles took some time to get used to though. He's likely going to be my main for Ultimate because character wise he looks awesome, has Mewtwo + Lucario's backstories smushed up into one character, and I just love his gameplay so much.
:ultkrool: King K Rool - I literally only played 2 matches with him. I usually only use him for spirit battles since I pretty much just spam attacks in spirit battles since CPUs are random and I just never care. Also I fight a lot of them, so it was easy to pick him up.... Not that it mattered because I had team ruleset on for goofs and proceeded to get into 2 matches with 2 other K Rools and a Pyra/Mythra. I know how to exploit these characters easily, so it was easy to KO them. But my gosh, the amount of Pyra side B spam, and K Rool projectile spam was ridiculous since you can't turn on team attack in quick play. Probably will never touch K Rool again, he just so cheesy and doesn't seem to need fundamentals as much.
:ultinklingboy: Inkling - Surprisingly Inkling wasn't as hard as I thought. They are just so fast, and they can pressure with projectiles so much. Up close theyvague felt like playing Pichu, but much easier. Palutena was his gatekeeper, and Palutena is one of the 3 characters I usually lose to (other two being good Little Macs because I can't react to them, and Zelda because phantom is hard to get around since she counters whatever I do in response to phantom and even if I do get in, she can knock me away easily.) So I felt really good getting into Elite Smash with Inkling. Inkling just has the speed and projectiles to punish Palutena's habits, whereas most other characters get overwhelmed in someway that they can't even properly attack her since she generally beats characters at their own game.
:ultbowser: Bowser - Having a high off of getting characters into Elite Smash, I decided to get Bowser in, since he doesn't require combos, and just needs a few good reads. Got him in easily, but holy crud, the gatekeeper I had to fight was a very high GSP over 9 million samus that was insanely good since they had deadly combos. However I was able to get some decent reads, and they basically SD'd twice when they were at higher % because they got afraid I was going to attack them, but my attacks wouldn't have actually kill them. Because of this, my Bowser has the highest GSP at the moment. Not touching him again competitively though, I like having more options.
:ultdk: Donkey Kong - Played him for the same reason as Bowser and got him in pretty fast. Toon Link was his gatekeeper, which makes taking a bazillion hits, and killing early even more apparent. Probably won't touch him again.
:ultridley: Ridley - A while ago he lost a lot because I wanted to keep landing skewers and doing cheesy things. Earlier this week I decided to pick him back up and got him into Elite Smash from 5million GSP all in one sitting. Peach was his gatekeeper, and she couldn't get in to do any combos due to his range and speed. Started using nair a lot more in the later matches when people started speeding up.

Then I have a lot that are just a few matches away from Elite but I'm too scared to try playing them because I without being warmed up, I feel like I won't be able to play them right. Just gotta get some good friends to warm me up, but when that happens we usually play for hours since that's more fun anyways.
:ultsamus::ultsimon::ultzelda::ultpyra::ultcloud::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultike::ultsonic::ultrob::ultwolf::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus:Samus - Duo mained with Link in Early Smash 4, and those two were unstoppable together since if one lost, the other would counter the opponent's playstyle. Only reason why I don't have them in Elite Smash right now is a combination of not playing them much because they feel so cheesy in this game, and because I get too overconfident. Playing them today and I gotta say back throw into fair + fair (sometimes delayed to catch air dodge) is so insanely strong. If I get in a team game, it's basically won as long as your teammate can defend themselves since it's so easy to wall out opponents or dodge, and provide support from a distance, and fighting 2 rushdown opponents of decent skill that want you dead is the only kind of threat.
:ultsimon: Simon - People respect Simon more than Richter. Funny thing is I only used him one day and my philosophy was "simon only uses whips cause manly, Richter uses items because he is smart". Only to find out that I was doing much much better with Simon since I was using Richter's projectiles like some other zoners, when they are more to give you space or slow the game down so you can use your whip again. Looked up some guides and realized how awesome belmonts can be played and was shocked to realize that everyone just plays them in not only a lame way, but very inefficiently too. I'm actually shocked at how awesome Belmonts are, they are kind of like a reverse Sephiroth because they have similar range and can angle their aerials, but not their f-tilts.
:ultzelda: Zelda - One of the characters I played until I lost. Literally 1 game away from Elite Smash. Picked them because my niece wanted to main them, and I was a little annoyed with Zeldas outranging me and not being able to get in on them ever, and wanted to understand them more. They are just as easy as I thought. It's like you are just controlling your opponent's movements.
:ultpyra: Pyra/Mythra - I mained Marth in my newbie Melee days, so they felt really natural to pick up. Not only that but Pyra feels kinda like Ganondorf with the emphasis on being slow and read based, another character I play a lot of casually. Swapping characters between matches usually puts me at a huge advantage, now imagine that mid-match. They are so stupidly easy as long as I am aware of how they want to edgeguard me. More comfortable with Pyra due to her range and not requiring as many hits for damage, but sometimes Mythra just doesn't let the opponent breathe ever. Mythra causes a lot of rage quits too and I don't even try to make people rage quit.
:ultcloud:Cloud - One of the easiest characters in smash to play, too simple for me to main since he does a lot of the same stuff. Tempted to main him in Smash 4, but Ultimate added a timer which kills him for me because I love the speed boost. Also I prefer Sephiroth.
:ultrobin:Robin - Another simple character. OP in teams, he gets a bit harder when fighting fast opponents that don't have to worry about your projectiles but his swordplay is good enough to keep people at bay.
:ultrosalina:Rosalina - Another character I played until I lost. I may not know any fancy combos, but people really don't know the matchup at all so it's pretty easy to mow people down with her. Strange how most people just outright ignore Luma like it's not even there. Though a couple that did decide to attack Luma, just never attacked it safely so I was able to counter attack and sometimes just take stocks because they wanted my Luma dead.
:ultike:Ike - The character I use when I need a refresher on competitive play since he's one of the most basic characters. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating with him because he's better than his Smash 4 self and it feels like no one knows how to deal with him.
:ultsonic:Sonic - A character I thought about maining, but I only played him one day in quickplay until I lost and is one game away from Elite Smash. I wasn't camping anyone and I was playing rather aggressively. Sonic's combos are great, he's stylish, and I love going fast.
:ultrob: R.O.B. - I just throw out attacks and they just work, AND he's very versatile with what he does, AND he's heavy with a nice recovery? Yeah he's pretty dang easy. My overconfidence is really the only thing holding me back when I play R.O.B., also Shulk. I dunno why, but every other character I can wreck using R.O.B., but apparently Shulk's experience with mechons just destroys my R.O.B.
:ultwolf:Wolf - The second blaster comes out, you drastically increase the salt levels in the opponent even if you never fire it again. Outside of that, he's a very easy character to play and people love playing him as long as the blaster is never seen. Though being greedy for spikes, and Wolf Flashing off because I have muscle memory from side+Bing with Fox to cross up in previous games causes me to SD with Wolf quite a bit.... The power of blaster is so strong though, so tempting to just run and shoot the blaster the whole game so I get into Elite Smash faster so I can swap to another character. I'm not here to make people angry though, I'd rather improve so I don't need such powerful cheese.
:ultganondorf:Ganondorf - He was one of my better characters in Smash 4 because he was so bad in smash 4 that it forced me to play more efficiently. In Ultimate I just feel like I'm cheating with how powerful and huge he is. He maybe bottom tier, but he can still demolish you if you get overconfident. Ganondorf + Jigglypuff matches are insanely fun because of how intense they are as either side can die from a random hit at any moment. So spacing and getting that first hit is more important than a lot of matches.

Characters I've struggled with:
:ultfalcon::ultpichu::ultmarth::ultpit::ultgnw::ultlucario:
:ultfalcon:Captain Falcon - I get overconfident and have a hard time resisting the urge about going for stylish stuff that may not work is a major weakness of mine. What is Captain Falcon all about? Styling on opponents. There are matches when I don't do that and I just demolish the opponent.... However most of the time Captain Falcon's character makes me too overconfident to play him properly. Character aesthetic definitely effects your ability to play a character. This is also why I could never main King Dedede, I just can't take him seriously so I do stupid stuff.
:ultpichu:Pichu - Pikachu feels kind of easy to play. Pichu on the other hand, that lack of range makes things so incredibly difficult. However Pichu is much lighter, and hurts itself. So it often feels like I'm just constantly reading the opponent, beating the crud out of them, but end up losing anyways since he dies from Ganondorf's sneeze.... He's still consistently the most fun character to play in the game though. Sheik is like this as well, but I haven't used Sheik in quickplay yet apparently, and Sheik is a bit easier for me to play because more range and speed even if I don't know Sheil's kill confirms as much.
:ultmarth:Marth - Used to Melee Marth, so whiffs happen often, it's why I almost never played him in Brawl+Smash 4 as well since when you're used to getting tippers 24/7, then you just never get them, it kinda kills your drive to play the character when that's basically his thing. Apparently right now Marth has the worst win rate of all characters in tournament play.
:ultpit:Pit - I NEVER LEARNED HOW To reaaaaadddd!.... If I'm having a bad day, I lose on purpose with Pit by doing whatever dumb shenanigans I want sometimes for fun so I cheer myself up. Pit is not allowed to get into Elite Smash.
:ultgnw:Mr Game & Watch - I only played him near the start of Ultimate. Didn't know how to deal with the short range, and I didn't want to spam Up+B...... Also overconfidence leads me into trying to see if I can get away with spamming 9s on the opponent, often leading to a comeback for them. I literally cannot main this character because I just cannot resist the urge.
:ultlucario:Lucario - Rage+Aura nerf along with everyone KOing much earlier? Yeah that pretty much is a strong hard nerf to the things that made this character scary when I played him in Smash 4. I just wrecked people with him in Smash 4, but this game it's a huge struggle. I have to use b-reverse mixups and get good at some confirms I couldn't do in Smash 4 like b-reversed aura sphere -> back air. I can't really abuse long range or speed like I can with other characters, so it's a struggle to play him. I will keep playing him though, High Aura Lucario is the most intense thing in Smash for both sides and I love it.
I Feel Like I Have The Same Overconfident Weakness, But It's Usually After A Match Against That Player I Won Against, Which Led To Me Not Playing Steve Correctly. I Don't Have These Problems Offline Because CPUs Don't Feel Like A Threat To Me. (Also, CPU)

Last edited:

stixie

Smash Apprentice

Ike, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Marth, Lucina, Pyra/Mythra, and just now Sephiroth. (Yay! Finally!! That one took some doing.)
I have Lucina in now... so Zelda, my secondary hard mode Marth, and Lucina. I really have no desire to get any more in there. I have my main and secondary and my desire to put that much work into another character is kinda no there.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I have Lucina in now... so Zelda, my secondary hard mode Marth, and Lucina. I really have no desire to get any more in there. I have my main and secondary and my desire to put that much work into another character is kinda no there.
I literally had this conversation with my wife yesterday after getting Sephiroth in. I don't really use anyone else. Unless the last 2 dlc are interesting to me my time spent playing ultimate is pretty much gonna dwindle.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
None. Don't get me wrong, I can get there. I can't stay in for even 15 mins due to good 1v1 duels and items. At most, those who I want to get to elite is sitting at 8mil+

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
at this moment I have 30*

DK, Samus, Dark Samus, Yoshi, C. Falcon, Bowser, Zelda, Lucina, Ganondorf, Roy, Chrom, G&W, Snake, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Pac-man, Robin, Bowser Jr, Corrin, K. Rool, Incineroar, Joker, Hero, Banjo, Pyra, Mii brawler, Mii Gunner

*kept miscounting.

Most of them I just got into elite and just left them there (in-fact some of those characters I dont even use and decided to do a couple quickplay matches for the fun of it). However, that is not the case with all of them there are some that i play with quite often in Elite smash like Bowser, Pyra and other characters in my signature.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
I only have 34 characters in elite rn. Lmao idk how my rosa is in elite smash but my wario and steve are both 10mill gsp

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
My link, hero, Mii Brawler, and Ike are pretty deep into elite smash. My others are just at the very beginning of Elite smash either because I dropped them or are bad with them.

I only have 34 characters in elite rn. Lmao idk how my rosa is in elite smash but my wario and steve are both 10mill gsp
Nice job on 10 mil.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I had 7 now I'm down to 6 cause Pyra was calling me and I used her and got knocked out after 3 straight losses and now she's like 2 mil away now grrr

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
:ultsephiroth:Sephiroth - I got him in day 1 because I pick up characters quickly, and was kind of exploiting the bad habits of other Sephiroth players.
This is like a main strategy that I use to get characters in Elite. I noticed it after Banjo came out. I am not good with Banjo, but I understood him pretty quickly and was able to exploit people who didn't understand him as well. I have a good chunk of characters in Elite Smash, including all of the DLC. My excitement to play as a new character + everybody else not understanding the character makes it pretty easy to get fighters in right after they release.

Friggen

Smash Rookie
I got 5 characters in elite

They are Piranha plant, King k rool, Samus, Greninja and Wii fit trainer its taken me quite awhile for them since i started online not knowing how good people were at the game i uses every character at the beginning and i later realized that wasnt smart but after 1 year of playing i got them im

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
Update: still none. I did have 3 inside for a good while, but eventually I dropped off after a bad night. Now, majority of the characters I use is sitting at the borderline.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
None. I haven't had a working TV, for one, so I play in handheld. That means no LAN adapter to try and help the horrible lag. Combine that with the potential to get a ruleset I really dislike, and I feel like I'm better off either in Training Mode or fighting CPUs. At least then, I'm playing the game in the state it was intended to be played in, rather than lag changing everything for the worse.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Only just got elite back.

Can't believe even "Elite" is just spamming the B button to win lol.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Now I'm decently deep in Elite with my main only, I find it funny how easy it was, makes me suspicious and scared whenever I start another Elite battle.

Top Bottom