• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long did it take you to learn how to moonwalk??

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
I'm currently struggling to moonwalk and I feel it'll take forever for me to get it down. I don't understand how I find it so difficult when its just a simple dash to half circle avoiding the center and I was even able to learn wavedashing in one day. How long did it take for you guys to moonwalk consistently, if any of you do use it?

Wolfii

Smash Rookie
Well, here's the thing with moonwalking:

it's situational at best, useless-but-stylish at worst.

For most people, you don't even need to learn moonwalking. Watch any high-level captain falcon player and you'll see that, despite having the longest moonwalk in the game, they don't use it for practical reasons.

You don't need to learn moonwalking, most people don't even bother. Not only that, but moonwalking is incredibly difficult, needing extremely precise and quick movement of your thumb to consistently pull off well.

Here's what I would recommend, and what most people do: go into training mode and turn the speed down to around 1/4, or 1/2. It'll be easier to pull of the moonwalk this way. After that, slowly speed up your game more and more.

Also, have you seen any videos of mewtwo preforming the moonwalk? You might be pulling it off and not even realizing it.

Top Bottom