• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How high do you think Isabelle placed in the ballot?

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
As of now, we have gotten two assist trophy promotions. (Isabelle and Dark Samus.) It's interesting that these two specificially got in while Takamaru, Ashley and Waluigi haven't been as fortunate.

I wonder if Takamaru or Ashley would've gotten in had they placed higher in the ballot. Then again, Ashley, Takamaru and Isabelle all got Mii costumes, so maybe they all got at least a decent amount of votes.

Another thing is if the fans of said characters gave up and simply didn't vote. If that's the case, then Takamaru/Ashley fans didn't vote, but Isabelle's fans did. Meanwhile, Chrom got in, and he had a well-sized amount of support in spite of being kicked to the curb.

This is a very interesting phonema I'd like to to see discussed.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I wanted all three of Bomberman, Krystal, and Vaati, but I only voted for Bomberman because it didn't occur to me to vote multiple times. So maybe there were others in the same boat who only voted for their absolute favorite character.

Last edited:

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
The only way you could vote more than once was if you used multiple computers. At least, I think.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
i'm positive that isabelle placed very highly on the ballot, she's a very popular character and she was even more popular in 2015. i would not be surprised to find out that she was top 10

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
i'm positive that isabelle placed very highly on the ballot, she's a very popular character and she was even more popular in 2015. i would not be surprised to find out that she was top 10
It's interesting to ponder. So much was lost in the sea of Shovel Knight/Shantae/K. Rool/Inkling bandwagoning.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think she would've gotten in regardless of the ballot, honestly.

She just attracts a completely different audience than the one the ballot reached to.

hildabelle

Smash Rookie
Probably a reasonable amount, but I suspect she didn't rank terribly high given her Assist status and the Ballot's guise of being for 4 DLC (despite actually being for Ultimate). Much like Inklings, Isabelle didn't need a Ballot to show how popular she was. Nintendo pushes her so heavily that they're already well aware.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Ppw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit?usp=drivesdk

I don't want to be a party pooper here, but these statistics show Isabelle most likely didn't have favorable results in the ballot back then. People most likely didn't see her as a serious fighter back in 2015, and 2015 was the year she was added to MK8 so her popularity started to raise after that most likely. However, production for Smash Ultimate was likely started back in 2015-16 as well, so this shows us Sakurai didn't pick her based on her favoritism by the fans. This is good thing. There are too many who believe that popularity among the fans means everything, when the reality of Isabelles situation back vs. her inclusion now likely disprove that. Isabelle's old support thread didnt have nearly as many pages present in it as say Isaac, Shantae, Ashley, or Geno. But look who's playable (so far) and who is not. Isabelle proves to us all that NO character is impossible, and I thank her for that! :)

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think the fact that the ballot had a gender option is the reason why we're seeing Daisy and Isabelle. Neither of them may have placed very high overall, but among women I imagine they were near the top.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It is possible that Isabelle ranked within the top 25. It remains to be seen whether or not Sakurai attribute the ballot to her inclusion.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I don't believe she placed very high at all, looking at fan ballots (because we'll never get the official one)

I think she would've gotten in regardless of the ballot, honestly.

She just attracts a completely different audience than the one the ballot reached to.
But I agree with all of this.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Honestly I know more people outside of the internet talking about Isabelle than any of the previously revealed newbies

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isabelle, Chrom and Dark Samus are based on other fighters, so there's also that.

Top Bottom