• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Since everyone is returning, let's consider the weight in SSBB.

1. Bowser
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Snake
  4. King Dedede
  5. Charizard
  6. Ganondorf

Ridley might end up above or below Charizard. It's annoying that Snake is even third.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Since everyone is returning, let's consider the weight in SSBB.

1. Bowser
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Snake
  4. King Dedede
  5. Charizard
  6. Ganondorf

Ridley might end up above or below Charizard. It's annoying that Snake is even third.
K Rool should take snake out of there. But snakes weight is literally ******** and needs to change regardless

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Snake is a big boi.

I'm pretty sure it'll be:

Bowser
King K Rool
DK
Snake
Dedede
Charizard or Ridley
Charizard or Ridley
Ganondorf

Crystanium

Smash Hero
K Rool should take snake out of there. But snakes weight is literally ******** and needs to change regardless
It seems Sakurai and his team conflate size with mass, which is probably why King Dedede is even considered a heavy character. Even if King Dedede was as heavy as an emperor penguin, he wouldn't have ridiculous mass. I'm not even sure how heavy King K. Rool is. At least DK is given a canon weight from Donkey Kong 64, which is 800 lbs.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
It seems Sakurai and his team conflate size with mass, which is probably why King Dedede is even considered a heavy character. Even if King Dedede was as heavy as an emperor penguin, he wouldn't have ridiculous mass. I'm not even sure how heavy King K. Rool is. At least DK is given a canon weight from Donkey Kong 64, which is 800 lbs.
I mean for the most part they do a good job with weight. That's why when you have a a few oddities, like Mewtwo or Snake, they really stick out

K. Rool is at minimum 3x DK's size in the main snes games, and he's basically Godzilla in DK64

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
It's possible K.Rool is heavier than bowser, though I'm guessing he'll be no. 2.

As for Ridley, just as my view on were he'd makes sense, I'd put him just above Charizard. Were he actually is, is far too hard to tell atm.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think Snake weighs so much because he's the only "realistic" character there is. So, he's given weight to match what you'd expect from a 200+ lb. muscular soldier, as opposed to Marth and Ike, who come from a more fantasy setting and are more anime in their appearance. I like it, I think it reflects how much he stands out compared to the rest of the cast in terms of aesthetic and source material. It also ironically adds to the wackiness a bit by having this realistic dude be in the same weight class as Bowser and DK.

King Dedede is heavy because he's supposed to be the big gluttonous king of Dreamland. It's less about what's realistic here and more about what reflects the character. He's such a glutton that several of his conflicts with Kirby revolve around him stealing food. It makes sense for that kind of character to be heavy, and would be odd if he wasn't.

Bowser's heavy for a similar reason. He's the big bad of Mario, so making him the heaviest reflects his reputation. Of course, he's also hard and scaly, with a big shell, so that all adds to his weight more than most other large fighters.

I'm pretty sure Ridley has to be heavier than Charizard. Charizard is apparently 5'7" and about 200lbs, which is about the height and weight of an average adult man. Ridley's a huge space dragon, albeit scaled down to be playable in Smash. Sakurai's concern for Ridley's playability has always been about getting that essence of a huge boss character into a balanced state. So it's more likely that Ridley will be on the heavier side to capture the essence of his boss origins.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Snake is a big boi.
Snake can keep his weight...

...IF they bring back dat ass (his weight was 80% cheeks in Brawl, after all).

I'm guessing KRool will either be 1st or 2nd, and no lower than 2nd. He may dethrone Bowser because KRool is known for being fat AND is laden with gadgets but sadly less tail (which makes him comparable to Snake in both cases).

Bowser is also being touted as "the fast grounded heavyweight", and KRool's recovery is more exploitable, meaning he should be harder to push off the stage (unless it has SA like Snake's).

Riddles is lanky, though, so I'm guessing he'll probably not be as heavy as the fatties but he may have vertical KB resistance like D3 does.

Last edited:

M4NIAC

Smash Rookie
Just because people have refused to answer this before; how does Ridley's weight rank up compared to the other super heavy weights? Previously, Bowser was the very heaviest and he'll likely be, but Donkey Kong was also playable in the demo who's since Bowser's inclusion always the 2nd heaviest. Ganondorf and Samus, who are also relatively heavy where also playable. And I just want to know, how heavy is Ridley compared to them? Is he combo bait, or surprisingly light for his size giving him a sort of glass canon archetype like Mewtwo?
http://kuroganehammer.com/Ultimate/Weight
Use the link above for help with character weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom