• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How happy I am for the SANS reaction of the Smash community.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Ok, while it's fun to see a Sans costume in the game, can we back up and think how really cool the community reacted to Sans' reveal. It's genuinely sweet, because, usually when they announce a Mii costume of a highly requested character, you would expect backlash, especially from an infamous fanbase such as Undertale, but no, that did not happen.
Think about it, almost everyone is really happy about his reveal, they don't care that he's just a Mii costume, they are just happy he's in the game in some way.
Honestly, if they didn't include the remix, I bet people would just as happy.
I don't know, it may not seem as much to some people, but to me, it's pretty wholesome.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I don't think people would be quite as happy without the music--the music being in the game means a lot. It's a sort of special recognition no other costume has.

I'm waiting for the Steve sword Mii costume next. I would be totally okay with that as well. Especially if it came with a level, but that might be aiming too high.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I think one of the biggest reasons why they are happy with Sans being a mii costume is that they didn't expect sans or any undertale representation to appear in a game like smash at all. Especially with the likes of other indie titles making smaller appearances like Shantae being a spirit and Shovel Knight being an assist trophy. This is the best kind of indie treatment so far especially with the music on top of the deal.

That and the costume itself is extremely good as if it was a real character. I think there would be more complaints if the costume head was more like Yoshi's head for example, the type where you still see the Mii's face. I know I wouldn't even bother buying the costume if that was the case (I'd still get it on the other hand because of the music though).

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
The quality of that costume plays a big role in its acceptance. I mean it looks more like an actual Sans model then a Mii, it's especially similar to this figure from Fangamer
sans-smash.png

There really isn't any other Mii costume that pulls this off. He may not have got his own slot or move set, but it still feels like that this is the character himself to me.

Khao

Smash Lord
The quality of that costume plays a big role in its acceptance. I mean it looks more like an actual Sans model then a Mii, it's especially similar to this figure from Fangamer
View attachment 237567
There really isn't any other Mii costume that pulls this off. He may not have got his own slot or move set, but it still feels like that this is the character himself to me.
This.

If the costume was like... The Mii's face coming out of Sans mouth or something along those lines, I feel that the reactions would be nowhere near as positive. It also helps that the proportions are very decent. Not perfect, but accurate enough so that it actually freaking looks as if you're playing with Sans when using the Mii.

The same cannot be said for the vast majority of characters featured as Mii costumes. You can tell they're Mii costumes. The proportions are super messed up. The Mii face is just never close enough, and it's sometimes added super awkwardly, with the character's head used as a hat or hood.

Not Sans though. The Sans costume freaking looks like Sans in every way. Not like a Mii disguised as Sans, but actually like ****ing Sans. The only other costumes with a sorta-similar degree of perfection is Skull Kid, and maybe Protoman, and even those are not quite this solid.

I really wish more costumes acted like this, completely replacing the Mii's head to better sell the "fantasy" of playing as that certain character. The Sonic costumes especially are just... no thanks. Then again, it wouldn't work that well with most of the characters with more realistic proportions.

Either way, I gotta say I'm kind of proud of Undertale fans for being this satisfied about Sans. It's super refreshing to see after some plain freaking toxic reactions to certain costumes and especially Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
While I'm super happy to see Sans and MEGALOVANIA in Smash, it's kinda sad that Goemon didn't get the same treatment. He is from a franchise new to Smash, right? Why don't add a music track with him? I get Mystical Ninja Goemon isn't as popular as Undertale, but still.

Arrei

Smash Lord
While I'm super happy to see Sans and MEGALOVANIA in Smash, it's kinda sad that Goemon didn't get the same treatment. He is from a franchise new to Smash, right? Why don't add a music track with him? I get Mystical Ninja Goemon isn't as popular as Undertale, but still.
I think everyone's aware Megalovania is the only one that gets special treatment because it's practically legendary at this point. It's become a full-fledged gaming icon.

Top Bottom