• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good would a Mii Swordfighter be with the stat boosting items?

banana29

Smash Cadet
None of the abilities, just the stat boosters

I know the Swordfighter is bottom tier, would the stat boosting items move him up a lot?

If it would, what would be the best stat setup? According to the item sticky, boosting defense has a very small effect (though it probably also affects knockback)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Any character is probably better with stat boosting items, but in competitive play you would never get the chance to use them.

Swordfighter's flaws are majorly found in the amount of recovery frames he has on a fair amount of his moves and the amount of hitstun he has. At least, that's what I think he key flaws are (the second one primarily imo). I don't necessarily know what equipment would be best, since I don't really like equipment that much lol. But knowing that Swordfighter's main flaws are probably how long it takes for him to act after a move and how long it takes for him to do anything after getting hit, what do you think?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Idk of any effects that reduce lag besides smooth lander and that's just landing lag. Maybe a speed boost might help? Idk if that affects attacks or just movement.

As a self-identifying "filthy casual" I do have fun playing with equipment on the miis and dlc characters (I've kept the Evo sets on everyone else). My favorite effect is probably the speed crasher. I distinctly remember it being used on a 3233 swordfighter and thinking it was nice to give him another attack option since he didn't have a projectile.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
Whenever I do use equipment I use the extended smash attack, moon launcher and critical hit badges for absolute destruction.

Top Bottom