• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is Sheiks defensive manuevers?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Meaning how good is her back roll, forward roll, spot dodge, air dodge.....etc.

I seem to get away with spotdodging a lot so I was wondering if anyone had any information on these moves such as frame data and comparisons to the rest of the cast.

Ankoku or <3 or Saviours seem to know about stuff like this but anyone please help.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Didn't she have some pretty bad frame data for her dodges, actually? haha

I think it's more her overall mobility on the ground and the combination of a fast falling speed and a fast rising jumping speed that let her get away with all of it, though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
her spotdodge is average, but considering her options out of it, it becomes much better.

Her mobility is where it's at though, walk speed is pretty fast, and dash speed is insaaaaane obv. as we all know by now :p

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If i remember correctly, Sheik's spot dodge has like 20 frames of lag. Or may that's her roll O.o

Either way, don't do it too much. :p

november1093

Smash Rookie
I use her back roll to move sometimes instead of going across the stage with her dash (weird I know), and I rarely ever spot dodge with her. But I think Sheik has a good defense in her offensive moves. I am always using her needles to stop my opponent when I want them to quit moving, or start a bit of confusion before I attack with her speed. And Jumping is always a great way to dodge as well. Especially with Sheik.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
He brings up a good point with jumping to dodge. Which reminds me that using her amazing initial dash to zip back and rush back in to punish post lag is great. Along with dashing forward at an opponent with a timed shield to screw up spacing, although this is more of an offensive maneuver (works because Sheik can shield pretty quickly after dashing).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
SHe has the fastest dash>shield in the game iirc. So yea I wreck Toon Links and other characters that like to jump when they use projectiles.

Nothing is more satisfying than powershielding an boomerang and then punishing something that Toon Link usually gets away with.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sheiks roll and spot dodge aren't that good...

generally you want to just keep yourself out of harms way with walking and running and stuff. your roll is a terrible approach and over all something you are going to want to do as little a possible.

Top Bottom