• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How frequently do you misinput?

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
I found myself lately doing a lot of misinputs and wanted to know how you folks are doing.
A common one is smashing instead of tilting, tilting instead of dash attacking (or vice versa) and fastfalling dair instead of normal dair.
Character specific is the following: During Samus recovery, instead of dropping bombs, I slightly move the stick too far to the side, firing a missile and dying as a price.

Do you experience the same? Share your pain.
What do you do to fight this annoyance? Training mode?

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I’m not very sensitive with my hands (this is reflected outside of Smash too, as I can, for instance, grab hot pots even without holders for short periods of time). What this means is that I misinput very, very often, even though I’m very slow with the inputs (and this limited my abilities to perform at mid-high levels). An advice I can give you is to turn off the tap-jump input and to use th C-Stick for tilts

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Actual, genuine misinputs? Not often.
Wrong attack executed due to a small amount of lag and the buffer system unable to cooperate? I have some tea.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
Almost never. It was hard to get used to a few things coming into this game because of the natural input delay but with some practice I put that behind me.

If you're talking about the game ruining my inputs though, that happens every so often when I play online even in the best possible connections. For example, when I do a down throw into up air into up b with Terry I tap the up B because if I miss the up air I don't want that up B to come out. But sometimes the game will act as if I held the up B and do it anyway. The same happens with wall techs, I tap to tech because if I don't get stage spiked I'll SD via air dodge, but sometimes the game treats my quick tap as a hold, in best case it's harmless, in worst case I don't slam into the stage and the game treats it as holding R for the air dodge. They don't happen too often but they happen often enough to be annoying. TBH happening at all is kind of annoying lol.

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
It happens from time to time, the most frustrating instances are when I accidentally Side-B instead of Up-B, fail to react in time, and SD as a result.

Tortfeasor

Smash Cadet
I don't believe I misinput too often under ideal circumstances. Mostly it's just messing up more technical things, like I might do a short-hop F-air instead of a B-air. If we're talking outright just doing the complete wrong move, I have done the Side-B instead of Up-B while recovering occasionally.

However, online is a different story, especially when I'm up against a WiFi Warrior. Sometimes it feels like me and my character are not playing the same game and I'll be sitting there like "Oh, so we're doing those moves instead? Okay, I'll try to work with that." Basically, it's as though I'm inputting commands too fast under the laggy conditions and the game is trying its best to interpret what it's being told, but only getting like half of it right.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Even after all my years playing Smash, I still to this day sometimes misinput a side special when I’m trying to angle an up special forward.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
its not really a misinput on my part but

pivot grabs turning into fsmash drives me insane

D

Deleted member

As a long-time :ultpeach: main since Melee, I make a lot of misinputs trying to do her flashy-yet-powerful combos. Thing is, I never play on a competitive level. Yet, tech skill is what I am trying to improve on myself.

It is not limited to Smash, though. I play Tekken and Soulcalibur series but not competitively. I practice combos with every character and misinput often, probably because it can be hard to memorize long strings of commands. :shyguy:

Furret24

Smash Master
If I use smash stick, I'm bad at tilts, and vice versa. Otherwise, not too much.

Still get boned by air dodging after a tech off stage sometimes though.
:162:

Top Bottom