• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does the Xbox Series X connect to the Xbox One?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm so lost, and I'm hoping people can clarify this for me.

So apparently, Xbox One games with online play will be able to play alongside those who have a Series X. It's cross platform. But then at some point, Xbox One won't receive new games anymore and it'll be outdated...?

I'm just confused because I hear some people saying the Series X is just a more powerful One, and Microsoft will start releasing consoles more as PC upgrades as opposed to separate, exclusive generations.

To summarize, I suppose what I'm trying to ask is, is the Xbox Series X a completely separate platform from the Xbox One? Where do they connect? Is it just cross platform online? If I'm on a Series X, can I invite a friend using an Xbox One to a party?

latsmash

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5085-9089-2026
Series X is next generation, just like Switch and Playstation 5. While games like Halo Infinite are indeed playable on Xbox One, future releases like Forza or Fable will release exclusively on Series X. The two platforms can interact with each other via friends, parties, etc. In terms of multiplayer games, I think that's a case by case situation.

Top Bottom