• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Does Super Smash Flash Hold Up?

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
I noticed recently that Super Smash Flash 2 has gotten some attention on this site recently, and it's well deserved, the game is a a faithful adaptation of the Smash Brothers franchise, and it seems like the developers are still working hard on it, despite their aspirations to break new ground in smash probably being crushed by the phenomenal latest installment in the series, Super Smash Bros wii U. Super Smash Flash 2 is great, but how does it's predecessor hold up? It may be a bit bare bones with there being only one attack button, no guarding, and not much skill involved in the game, but there's still some good stuff in there, right? Well what do you guys think? Have you played the original Super Smash Flash? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Let me know in the comments.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I mean, I guess if it has anything over SSF2 (which isn't amazing to begin with), it's the fact that there are crappy Sonic OC's in it to pad out the roster.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The only thing it has nowadays is the so bad it's good factor. Apart from that, SSF2 eclipses it in every way.

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
I mean, I guess if it has anything over SSF2 (which isn't amazing to begin with), it's the fact that there are crappy Sonic OC's in it to pad out the roster.
lol, yeah, anything would've been better than those characters, and then you have some really weird things in the game like some characters without their respective voice clips, which gives us oddities such as Shadow the Hedgehog with Fox's voice. I mean seriously, would it have been that much trouble to download a few voice clips for the characters?

Top Bottom