• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does SSE work?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just want to know a tidbit about the SSE without getting any information on the story of it:

Do you pick a character and go through it, or are various characters assigned to you over the course of the mode? Like, you start it and you're given Link or any of the starters, then a level or so later you're given Mario or something?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I found The-Judge's post pretty funny. I dunno if it's a spoiler though.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Different characters are in each different part, and you can pick from whoever happens to be there at the time. If you die once, you become one of the other characters available at that part.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Master Hand starts destroying the world, so all Smash Bros Brawl characters unites to defeat him.
Wrong, jsyk. I've seen the whole thing.

The game gives you characters to play with. You don't choose one character and play through the whole way with them (I'd have liked that though).

You can choose the difficulty, not for the whole playthrough, but for each individual level.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
To clarify the difficulty thing a bit, when you first start SSE, game will ask you which difficulty you'd like to choose. That will be default for every new level you enter. However, if you leave the level before finishing it, the next time you enter there you will be asked which difficulty setting you want to use. I never changed it though so I don't know whether that becomes your new default difficulty (if it differs from the one you chose at the beginning). Game also gets harder the further you get. Quite a lot in fact.

And yes, there are limited amount of characters you can choose from for each level. But once you've completed SSE you can play any level with any characters you have in your team. Might even be before that, didn't really go back to any completed levels before finishing whole SSE.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Master Hand starts destroying the world, so all Smash Bros Brawl characters unites to defeat him.
That's a lie, don't worry people.

And each Character has their own part of the story, for example, Link and Yoshi team up (which we already know from the Dojo so that's not a spoiler people), so for some levels, you can only choose Link or Yoshi. Once you die with whoever you chose first, you'll become the next Character you chose.

Gradually as the story progresses though, your teams become slowly bigger.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Does it save automatically or can you save whenever?
Nope. You can save between levels or when you leave whole SSE while playing some level. You won't be able to continue where you left though but must start it from beginning. It's not a problem really since most levels are quite short.

Top Bottom