• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does side b armour work?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I have no clue what frames he has armour or how it works (is it heavy or super?).

I've seen weak and strong moves beat the whip, and I've seen whip go through weak, strong, and lethal moves against the cat.

Does anyone have either a full explanation of the type of armour, if there is armour, and under which conditions the armour is in place? Is it by frame # or on confirming the grab?

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I believe it's during the entire move (or at the most common timing, when he's closing his arms to do the grab, usually when he actually gets the grab and lingers during most of the whole attack). I believe it's % based though when strong enough moves will knock him out of the animation but weak attacks just slow the animation down a teeny bit.

I've seen the armor work mostly during the grab itself and just before. People have tried to jab me right as I'm connecting the grab only to be denied and grabbed anyway. I've had people jab me during the toss into the rope as well but it didn't stop me. Smash attacks tended to stop me though.

Top Bottom