• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one recover using the Side-Special?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that recovery is possible through the AI's gameplay using Puff's Side-B, and I was wondering how this is done? I've tried Side-B then up on the analog stick right after, but that doesn't seem to work. What's the trick? Also, for reference what is the actual move called? Pound?

OH! And is there any reason at all to use Sing?

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
It's exactly using sideB (yes, Pound) and pressing up immediately after. There isn't really a trick.

In a competitive setting there's never been much reason to use Sing. You can cancel Sing by grabbing a ledge, but it's really just cute and shouldn't fool anyone.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
The idea is that there is a cooldown for jump after pressing jump for a few frames in which gravity is applied, while there is no cooldown for any attack. You fall less with side-B which stalls your vertical momentum then you would by waiting for the cooldown to end.
The exact timing is mostly practice, I assume descriptions don't really help here.

Top Bottom